Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
The Works (on Fairway)
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  The Works (on Fairway)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Works (on Fairway)  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
November 4, 2015, 6:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
My new favourite burger is at The WORKS.  It's called "Loaded Lucy" and if you ask for chipotle mayo instead of regular mayo, it's friggin' delicious!

https://www.worksburger.com/

On the surface the Loaded Lucy seems pretty standard.  It's bacon, tomato, lettuce, red onion, and pickles.  Where it differs is the cheese is stuffed inside the patty.  They have a special menu currently for stuffed burgers which also includes a stuffed pizza burger (which Shabadu tried) and a burger stuffed with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

Prior to today, The Works wasn't very high on my preference list.  In fact, after previous visits I decided I liked a Harvey's burger better.  Maybe it was the individual restaurant, not the chain?  I dunno.  This was the first time I had been to The Works on Fairway road, and it was easily the best (out of the three or four times I've been to other restaurants from the same chain over the years).  To go from "Meh" to "Mah Fav!" is no small feat.

The Good: Properly cooked patty.  Stuffed with yummy melty cheese.  Quality bacon.  Spicy chipotle.
The Bad: A tad pricey for a burger.  Shabadu and I had only a burger each (which comes with a side) and water, yet the bill was over $40
The Ugly: Our hands, faces, and trays after eating some VERY messy burgers.

Attachment: loaded_3314.png
Size: 996.29 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
May 11, 2016, 8:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've been to the Works with Shabadu a couple times since this review, and have been ordering the Six Degrees of K'vin Bacon.  The first time I ordered it, I asked to add Monterrey Jack Cheese.  It was delicious!  Shabadu did the same and said it was better than the previous time he had tried that burger.

Anyway, just today we were there again and I accidentally forgot to add the cheese.  Now I see what Shabadu was saying.  While still good, the cheese made it better.

Long story short: If you order the K'vin Bacon burger, it's recommended you add Monterrey Jack Cheese to give it that little extra boost of flavour.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  The Works (on Fairway)