Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
The Secret Powers of Women
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    Blogs    Diddly  ›  The Secret Powers of Women Moderators: Bloggers
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Secret Powers of Women  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
August 8, 2010, 9:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Women have secret powers. It's true. They won't tell us men about them, but sometimes it slips. Like when they know what we're thinking even if we don't. But they know we already know about that power. They read it in our minds. So now they just admit they have to be mind readers to understand us.

I'm talking about a different power this time though. I've suspected it for some time, but it dawned on me as I scrubbed the bath tub. They can see things we men can't. My brothers, there's a colour, out of our visual range, that glows like a beacon to women. They call it "dirt". I imagine it must be some kind of glowing evil brown. Whatever it is, I can't spot it like a woman can.

When she tells me "The bath tub needs cleaning," I take her word for it. I scrub every inch of that thing, because I know if I miss a spot, she'll be able to see it like a radiant blemish. It doesn't matter that it looks the same to me after I finish. I apparently can't see that colour. But hopefully I did a good job in washing it away so she doesn't have to see it.

Attachment: 20_the_secret_powers_of_women_7321.jpeg
Size: 16.56 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
August 9, 2010, 4:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I guess it would be sexist of me to suggest that this is the very reason why cleaning was once considered to fall under the label of "women's work"?  And before anyone gets TOO offended by the label, men had to suck it up for years that mowing the lawn, taking out the garbage and picking up all the dog $hit fell under the label "men's work".. I'd go so far as to say cleaning is now considered a general task while those three things STILL fall under the label of "men's work", so despite the potentially sexist comment that started my reply, men still labour under the negative stereotypes that have plagued them for years...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    Blogs    Diddly  ›  The Secret Powers of Women