Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
XBox 360 sells poorly
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  XBox 360 sells poorly
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

XBox 360 sells poorly  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Trarman
December 13, 2005, 1:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Here's a news article regarding the launch in Japan: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4524036.stm

Seems the ORIGINAL XBox sold twice as much at launch than the new one.  Honestly, I think it's because people are waiting to see what Sony and Nintendo have to offer, so they can make a comparison before plonking down half a grand on a gaming console.

E-mail E-mail
Some Guy
December 13, 2005, 3:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Perhaps that will change now that the pir8 community has already cracked the xbox 360 filesystem!  It won't be long (a matter of a couple months I reckon) before we're running homebrew on the 360!

It's a race!  Will the xbox be hacked before the ps3 releases?
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 8
Hawkeye
December 15, 2005, 1:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't think it will matter to me if the Xbox 360 gets hacked or not.  Like most people, I think waiting to see what the next playstation will be like before purchasing either is the way to go.  As far as nintendo, well, I discard their attempt.... unless of course it is ground breaking in some way.  Because IMHO i thought the game cube really a glorified N64.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 8
Trarman
December 15, 2005, 1:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
As far as nintendo, well, I discard their attempt.... unless of course it is ground breaking in some way.  Because IMHO i thought the game cube really a glorified N64.

Really?  I think N64 was crap and Gamecube was a huge improvement.  It's still my least favourite of the current generation, but some of the games were quite remarkable.

That said, I'm not really interested in the next Nintendo console either.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 8
Hawkeye
December 15, 2005, 7:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Perhaps I'm thinking more in terms of game style more than anything else.  I didn't think their games had any more depth than N64, more for younger ages.  That being said.  I didn't really play a lot of either because I beleive it is crap... how's that for not having any pre-conceived ideas..

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 8
Trarman
December 15, 2005, 9:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
Perhaps I'm thinking more in terms of game style more than anything else.  I didn't think their games had any more depth than N64, more for younger ages.  That being said.  I didn't really play a lot of either because I beleive it is crap... how's that for not having any pre-conceived ideas..

lol, yes we can agree on that.  
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 8
Hawkeye
October 6, 2006, 6:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I just read an article about xbox in japan, apparently both versions together have only sold 640,000 units, but ps2 has sold 20 Million!  1 in every 6 people has a ps2 in Japan!  But, for the ps3 there has been a price drop in Japan before the release.  Unfortunately no such price drop is scheduled for North America.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 8
Trarman
October 11, 2006, 1:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yeah, the xbox really didn't sell well in Japan.

As for the PS3, I think there'll be a real problem getting one.  Gamestop/EB in the states had only 8-16 units per store for pre-sale today.  People were camped out over night to get in line.  Crazy.

Oh, and the scalper jerks are already putting their pre-sale units on ebay for starting bids of up to $1000.  I really hate people who don't have any interest in something stealing the opportunity away from others only to try and sell it back to them at an increased price.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 8
Hawkeye
October 11, 2006, 12:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Unfortunately, that is how capitalism works, these people are capitalizing on others.  We see this same kind of crap every christmas season... remember Tickle me Elmo!  Thank goodness little chubbs agreed to no christmas presents this year..... yeah like that'd fly with her mom!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  XBox 360 sells poorly