Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Bush does it again
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Bush does it again  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
August 28, 2007, 4:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well I can't fault his thinking on cutting that funding.. afterall the Bush's oil one or two choice stocks in the oil fields... and goodness knows W isn't above doing something for his family's own personal gain...

<eyes rolling...>
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 20
Hawkeye
September 5, 2007, 8:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Unless that geothermal bill gets more than 2/3rds of the vote of the house and senate Bush will most likely veto it.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 20
Chiquita
October 5, 2007, 1:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
The Washington Post reported (Oct 5/07) that the cost of the wars in Irag and Afghanistan has now hit $600 Billion dollar mark. The USA is heavily in debt because of the wars.

This past wednesday, Bush used his veto today in the name of fiscal responsiblilty to crush a bipartisan bill reauthorizing the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), which would help 9 million children without health insurance in the USA. The cost of running the program annually would be around $70 Billion dollars, which looking at the $ 13 trillion dollar economy Bush has to work with is really chump change.  ABC news stated that the bill had a 72% approval rating among USA citizens.  Bush said Congress was trying to "federalize health care," even though the program in question is run by the states. Bush said that "I don't want the federal government making decisions for doctors and customers," even though the vetoed bill authorizes no such decisions -- the program enrolls children in private, I repeat, private, health insurance plans. And here's my favorite: "This program expands coverage, federal coverage, up to families earning $83,000 a year. That doesn't sound poor to me." But the bill he vetoed prohibits states from using the program to aid families who make more than three times the federal poverty limit, or about $60,000 a year for a family of four. Most of the aid would go to families earning substantially less. Bush's spurious $83,000 figure comes from a request by New York state to use the program for some families earning four times the poverty limit. That request was denied by the Bush administration last month -- and that upper limit is not in the bill Bush vetoed.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 17 - 20
Hawkeye
October 30, 2007, 3:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The worst president EVER... in the history of presidents in all of time!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 18 - 20
Diddly
November 9, 2007, 3:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7086024.stm

Looks like even the republicans have had enough of Bush.  They supported the democrats in overruling Bush's latest veto.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 19 - 20
Hawkeye
December 13, 2007, 3:44pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I watched a satire the other day on TVO called the Trial of Tony Blair... he eventually gets carted back to the Hague for war crimes for the Iraq war.  The funny thing about bush is, this is set in 2010 and Blair reads a paper saying Bush was found in a coma in his ranch... from drinking...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 20 - 20
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Bush does it again