Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Scariest Party Leader
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Scariest Party Leader
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Which party has the scariest leader?
Conservative (3 votes)
100%
Liberal (0 votes)
0%
NDP (0 votes)
0%
Bloc Quebecois (0 votes)
0%
Green (0 votes)
0%
Other (0 votes)
0%
3 Votes Total Last vote February 13, 2006, 3:31pm by Shabadu_SMH
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Scariest Party Leader  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Trarman
January 22, 2006, 4:10am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Rather than ask who'll you'll be voting for, I'd rather make this poll about who you think has the scariest leader.     That can be visually scary, politically scary, oh-my-god-how-can-they-stand-upright scary, richard scary, whatever.  Just who's got the most.

Enjoy.

Oh yeah, here's a list of the parties and logos this year: http://www.elections.ca/conten.....e&textonly=false
E-mail E-mail
Trarman
January 25, 2006, 3:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
So, according to our highly representative poll, the scariest leader is now the Prime Minister.  How about that!
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
Hawkeye
February 4, 2006, 12:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well, frankly I didn't want Harper to be the next prime minister, but I sure didn't want the liberals in power either.  What does that leave?  The green party of course.  If we had proportional representation the Green party with its 668,000 votes would have 14 seats and official party status.  I still thing a 2 vote system with one vote for first past the post and one vote for the party.  That way, we have constituancies and proportional representation.

Now that harper is in, I guess we have no choice to see how he fares.  For the country, for our international relations I hope he does well.  Canada cannot afford a wasted prime ministership.  What I fear is that nothing will get done and we'll be back at the polls in less than two years.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 5
Trarman
February 8, 2006, 8:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I did not realise Green garnered so many votes this time around.  It really does suck that they still do not have a single seat.

I can easily see the following come to pass, though:  I suspect the Cons and the Bloc will team up on many issues (as they together do form a majority, and have historically shared certain viewpoints) and then blame the liberal dominated senate for stalling their plans.  Once again, NDP appears to fall short of having enough seats to hold negotiating power, so Harper just has to keep the Bloc happy to go the full term.  And he will do that, I suspect, by giving more power to the provinces (which the west wants as well).
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 5
Shabadu_SMH
February 13, 2006, 3:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't understand how Harper giving more power to the provinces will help keep him in power though - I've said since the start of his bitching and harping about the liberals there is no way you can sustain a happy representation in Canada when you exclude Ontario - which he does - and yet all these people in Ontario who wanted 'anyone but the liberals' in power don't seem to see it.
I'm not saying non-Ontario/Quebec provinces haven't gotten screwed in the past, I know they have, but Harper clearly has a vindictive agenda to right the wrongs he feels need righting and it IS anti-Ontario.  I'm scared to see where his leadership will take our country - scared in terms of what it means for Ontario but even more scared what it means in terms of international relations (US excluded because clearly he had the financial backing from various American outlets).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 5
Trarman
February 13, 2006, 11:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Want a good laugh?  Go to http://rickmercer.blogspot.com/ and read the section "Conservative Cabinet Revealed".  It puts the joke to all my fears about what Harper will do to Canada.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Scariest Party Leader