Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Diddlycraft differences
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Discussion  ›  Diddlycraft differences
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Diddlycraft differences  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Trarman
February 19, 2006, 10:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Some things I've noticed about the free server, I thought I might share them here.  These are things that may change after a little google searching on my part.

- There seems to be WAY more creatures roaming around.. err.. not exactly roaming though.  I think that the game has placed actual creatures in place of waypoints (ie, spots a creature walks to).  So for example: Wolf walks A->B->C in the game.  On this server, there's 3 wolves, each kinda shuffling around points A,B and C.
- Because of the above issue, I've noticed multiple copies of certain NPC's (the ones that wander, anyway).  So if you need to talk to that NPC, any one of the instances will do.  Odd, but not a big deal.
- The Zepplins are missing.  Instead, you'll find portals to cross the continents.  Note that I've already found instructions on how to add the Zepplins to the game.. so this may change soon.
- First languages are kinda screwy.  I was trying to whisper with another player (same race as me) and it was coming out gibberish.  Apparently we were speaking Orcish instead of our native Tauren.  Easy solution is to just talk on the general channels if you run into this.
- Currently the server saves the world every hour.  This makes for a 20-30 second delay (usually during combat when you least appreciate a pause).  Do we want to make world saving less often?  Once a day?  If the server crashes, it will revert to the last saved position.
- Does anyone notice significant lag?  Should I beef up the hardware that's running the server?
- Adding a Friend did not work for me, but I was able to invite another player into a group.
- The map doesn't appear to update with areas you've discovered.     That one bugs me cuz I like to know where I've been/haven't been.
E-mail E-mail
Trarman
February 20, 2006, 4:14am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Update:
- Mapping has been fixed.  XP is now earned when you discover new areas as well.
- Zeppelins and boats are working
- Waypoints appear to be working... however, there's still multiple creatures roaming around where there would've been one.  We need to cull the herd a bit!  Lots to kill!
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 27
Hawkeye
February 23, 2006, 1:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Do the creatures attack a player if the player ventures too close?  As well, where do I find the instructions for updating (retro-actively) the version for use with your free area?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 27
Trarman
February 23, 2006, 3:23pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Instructions are linked from the front page of my web site.

Creatures are a little overzealous, in my opinion.  They still run up and attack you if you're too close, but now they follow you much further.  Poor Horimtaur (?) had a train of 4 baddies chasing him all across Mulgore.  I think that bug has been fixed, since I've been able to lose creatures attacking me, but it still takes a longer run than before.

Y'see, you have to deal with the creatures yourself.  Towns guards won't help you.  They only fight something that attacks them (and then they ALL fight that something).
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 27
Hawkeye
February 23, 2006, 7:17pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  Kinda like neverwinter when i would set the dragon off on a killing spree.. everyone tried to fight it.  Are there any fixes to that town guard thing?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 27
Trarman
February 24, 2006, 5:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
No no no, don't get me wrong.  The town guards don't go crazy like they did in NWN.  It's just that when 1 joins the fight, they all will fight that same target.

Prime example:  I was thinning the creature population as Deaddly with a nifty command that kills ALL NPC's within view.  (Pretty cool watching entire herds of things die at once).  I guess a tauren guard was within range, so he was killed as well.  Then ALL the tauren npc's, upon spotting Deaddly would attack him.  I had to use another command to clear Deaddly's negative reputation with the Tauren.

And as I've already stated, npc's don't seem to be fighting each other, so the bug we saw in NWN won't occur here in WoW.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 27
Chubs
March 1, 2006, 4:47am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I like Trarman's Picture.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 27
Trarman
March 1, 2006, 6:31am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
That's my character on this server: Mahuchur.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 27
TheTim
March 2, 2006, 1:15am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yah I found the "portal" the other day which took me to the Undercity. But I couldn't find a "portal" over there to bring me back. Which was kind of annoying. ha.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 8 - 27
Trarman
March 2, 2006, 1:39am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
There's a Zepplin just north of Undercity that you can take.  Sometimes it gets hung up just off the coast and you end up swimming to shore, but sometimes it works too.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 9 - 27
Shabadu_SMH
March 2, 2006, 12:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah not only does that happen with the zepplins but it happens with the boats too! I wasn't even lvl 20 and it dumped me into water with lvl 30 monsters once!  Try swimming back out to your corpse with all that around!  (Happened to me online though, not on World of Diddlecraft)
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 27
Hawkeye
March 3, 2006, 12:43am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I like the way your server does skills.  If you fail it then increases your stat, but if you succeed then it doesn't.  More realistic I think.  You learn more from your failures than from your successes.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 27
Shabadu_SMH
March 5, 2006, 12:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think you learn from both your successes and your failures.
And depending on the person you don't necessarily learn from either experience.

Hmmm.. I still gotta decide which skills I wanna take on though.. hmmmm.. you may be right with having potions skill though, the one hour bonuses are pretty sweet.. do I just repeat what my last character had though?!?!?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 27
Hawkeye
March 5, 2006, 4:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I dunno, my skills only ever go up when i fail...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 27
TheTim
March 6, 2006, 6:48am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yah I agree. It seems that mine only seem to go up when I fail as well.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 27
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Discussion  ›  Diddlycraft differences