Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Olympic Hockey
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Olympic Hockey  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
March 7, 2006, 10:25am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
We are already there with the company sponsors and I think it will slowly move away from a national pride thing.. sadly though because that is one of the biggest pieces of the pie for me.. seeing our athletes.. whether they do well or not, although I DO like when they do well.

And as my previous message said I don't think the Olympics are some cure-all for all the world's woes, but it opens up channels on an ongoing basis.  

Clearly there is a big difference in how we see things and simply restating them over and over accomplishes little or nothing, so screw it, I declare war on Hawkeyeville.. as long as Diddly-town is willing to continue to provide the much needed tech support to Shabaduberg we will hold our forces from infiltrating his territory during the war... you satisfied Hawkeye?  You brought this on yourself and your fellow country-men!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 19
Hawkeye
March 9, 2006, 4:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I thought we were having a pretty good debate, and, having re-read the entire thread, I don't think we repeated ourselves.

I am however, still waiting for that list of good that you said you could come up with.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 19
Trarman
March 9, 2006, 5:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
  I don't think we're at the point of the Microsoft Relay Team (for example) yet.  We still have the facade of associating competitors with countries.  I was referring to true corporate teams... no national boundaries.
  Think of the marketing!  Whomever wins gold gets a 30 second commercial!  

Oh, and Diddly-town doesn't help anyone without some kind of gain.  Frankly, in a war, the smart bet is on Hawkeyeville.  
E-mail E-mail Reply: 17 - 19
Hawkeye
March 12, 2006, 2:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't think we're anywhere close to having corporate teams in the olympics.  Why?  Because, I don't believe there would be anywhere near the support for the teams like in there is for national teams.  So, in that I agree with Shabadu.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 18 - 19
Shabadu_SMH
March 12, 2006, 8:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Wow.. this is a monumental moment.. Hawkeye agrees with me.. mess.. I'm gonna have to pull a Stronach (or however you spell her name) and switch sides!

Seriously though, simply through DEBATING the Olympics we have forged a new alliance between Hawkeyeville and Shabaduberg, so just imagine what the REAL Olympics do for REAL nations!

Either way, the list I said I could come up with will be printed in Automag Daily next week - be sure to read it, the list will be in size 3 font but take 17* pages, so trust me when I say it IS a long long list

* Please note that at least 16 1/2 pages are legalese to help cover Shabadu's a** in the 10 or less reasons he managed to come up with in the short time he alloted to think about this proposition.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages « 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Olympic Hockey