Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Gameplay Bugs (player and world)
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Gameplay Bugs (player and world)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Gameplay Bugs (player and world)  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
TheTim
February 24, 2006, 5:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
This is just a general place where me and others can list the bugs we've noticed. Don't know if this is the best way for you to track them or anything chad. If not just switch it up.
E-mail E-mail
TheTim
February 24, 2006, 5:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
- When you fall there is no damage (but I like that so don't fix it, its fun jumping out of thunderbluff and much quicker)

Druid:
- Shapeshift to Aquatic form. Doesn't work. When you are on land it says you must be in water. When you are in water it says you can't do it while swimming.
- Starting Druids get the bear shapeshift option.
- Thunder Bluff, Elder Rise = The druid trainer has the Hurricane ability available to you at the cost of one bronze. Buying it doesn't actually train you though.

World:
- NPC's do not attack hostile monsters when they chase you into town
- NPC's of opposite faction do not attack you. I waltzed right into a human castle east of the barren yesterday with no resistance. Which didn't really bother me but isn't right. ha.
- Thunder Bluff, Spirit Rise = There is a high-level hostile PVP character present.
- Since the newer add on whenever you are dealing with a vendor and sell/buy stuff your character spouts out gobbly gook in the chat window "buyBackItem1" and other crap.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 16
Tapioca
February 24, 2006, 6:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from tmashinter

- Thunder Bluff, Elder Rise = The druid trainer has the Hurricane ability available to you at the cost of one bronze. Buying it doesn't actually train you though.

I've noticed this one as well. For me I noticed it for plate mail. Kristin's hunter character had the same problem when trying to train for armour.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 16
Hawkeye
February 24, 2006, 7:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I didn't think hunters could even train for mail until level 40.  They start off knowing cloth and leather.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 16
Tapioca
February 24, 2006, 9:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
  I didn't think hunters could even train for mail until level 40.  They start off knowing cloth and leather.

I think you are right about hunters not training for mail until level 40. I remembered it being an armour skill she was trying to research but it could have been something else. I couldn't confirm it because that charcter can't talk to anyone at the moment.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 16
Trarman
February 25, 2006, 1:05am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I've managed to find some info on the druid bugs you've mentioned.  Amongst the devs, these are known bugs with the server, and will be fixed with the next version.   I'm expecting that to come out sometime in the next couple weeks.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 16
TheTim
February 25, 2006, 4:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Instanced Dungeons Bug: This one really pissed me off. I spent about 1 GOLD (100 silver) buying new skills. Put them all in my skills bar and everything, then I went into an instanced dungeon and lost them all. I had to go buy them again. Chad wanna do a GM command and give me my money back?  

Monster Drops: Higher level monsters drop less stuff/money than lower levels. I've been killing level 20 - 30 monsters and the odd time that they actually drop money they only drop 1 silver or less (avg is probably about 60 copper). Which is crap. Also the monsters rarely ever seem to drop equipment (armor, weapons, etc...). Supposedly the best items in the game are supposed to come from monsters but I havn't even come across any special items yet. Just normal (White) and green. Havn't seen any blue, yellow or purple items yet. I kind of figured I would have come across something by now. I could be wrong. The main annoyance is the lack of money being dropped.

Undercity: I went to the Undercity (undead capital) last night using a portal that is in Ogrimmar (top of the building where you catch a ride to another town). Anyways, I couldn't find any portal that would take me BACK to Ogrimmar. So I used my Hearthstone. So the bug is either.. the portal existing in the first place, or a portal not existing to return you to Ogrimmar.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 16
TheTim
March 2, 2006, 8:28am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Any type of Dragon Kin kills you instantaneously. I've had a couple quests where I come in contact with dragon kin animals and they kill me as soon as I get close to them. Its getting really annoying.

The north west area of ashenvale is really messed up. There are a couple "outpost/camps" there that seems like its missing NPC's as in there are none to talk to or trade with. This includes the Lumber Mill and Forest Song. Also forest song looks like it should be full of night elves, but there is only one there and he doesn't attack me. The area also doesn't get "explored" on your map.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 2, 2006, 9:37am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
There is a mission in the night-elf realm called "Crown of the Earth" that requires you to obtain a quest item.  When you pick it up, it does not register as obtained.  When you return to the quest giver (I foget his name but he is the elf at the top of the tree, he appears on the map like a contact with a completed mission but he will not let you finish the quest until you have "obtained" the quest item.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 2, 2006, 1:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Another thing I noticed - and I'm not complaining about this but my druid can simultaneously do a hand to hand attack while also doing a ranged attacked (not a ranged weapon, the ranged "spell" she began with).

I've never played a druid on the WoW server so maybe this is standard but no other character I played could do that siultaneously.

Also the interrupt is different than it is on the WoW server - in this world if you spin it counts as interupting an action but in the online version you can rotate and not interrupt.  Just pointing out some of the differences I've noticed, not complaining of course Diddly.. ;P
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 16
TheTim
March 2, 2006, 8:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I spin in the middle of attacks all the time and havn't had a problem. The only time it interrupts is if I move forward or backward.

When I spin i use the right mouse button, not the keyboard.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 10 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 5, 2006, 12:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You are right Tmash, in battle it doesn't seem to cancel, it is more when I am looting a corpse or when I am searching an item (i.e. if you need a plant for a quest and click on it, it loads for 3-5 seconds - if I spin (using the mouse or keyboard) while doing that action, it cancels out (whereas in the pay version I could spin to my heart's content while doing those actions).

Nothing big, just a difference I noted.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 16
Trarman
March 5, 2006, 3:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Don't worry about spinning.  It seems the spells will still take effect even if the target runs behind you.  I guess it only does the line-of-sight check at the start of casting.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 12 - 16
Hawkeye
March 5, 2006, 4:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I find if I run into trouble with a monster I just run away and I can still shoot my special ranged attacks and hit them!  Neato, running and gunning at someone directly behind me.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 16
Trarman
March 5, 2006, 5:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yeah, spells don't work like that though.  As soon as you move (or spin) on this server, the spell is cancelled (but you still lose the mana).
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 16
TheTim
March 6, 2006, 6:49am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
True for most spells. I have a couple spells that I can cast while moving. I think anything that is cast "instant" you can do while moving.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 15 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 7, 2006, 10:28am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah and losing the mana is a pisser when it does no dammage!
At least at my level it can be the difference between living and dying.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Gameplay Bugs (player and world)