Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Hints
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Hints  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Hawkeye
February 25, 2006, 4:11pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think a hint thread would be a good thing.  If you find a problem, but also a solution then post it here for all to read and use.

I found that when I try to eat something my character does not automatically drop to a sitting position.  The result is the eating effect only lasts for 1 maybe 2 seconds.  The solution as I found it?  type "/sit" then right click the food you wish to consume.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Trarman
February 25, 2006, 11:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hitting "X" also makes you sit or stand up
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 8
TheTim
February 27, 2006, 2:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
If you mouse over the food it actually says in its description to sit while eating.

Sitting also applies to drinking stuff. (not potions, they are automatic).

yah "X" is much quicker. When you are soloing a monster thats doing more damage to you than him trap him (if you can) back up a step and have a seat for a couple seconds. Your health and mana regenerate quicker when you are sitting down.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 8
Trarman
February 27, 2006, 3:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I noticed that sometimes you can't sell items just by right-clicking them.  In those cases you can just drag them from your backback to the vendor window and they'll get sold.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 8
TheTim
February 27, 2006, 3:23pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Havn't seen that yet. Only things I havn't been able to sell are quest items.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 8
Trarman
March 1, 2006, 6:33am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I never realised this before, but it didn't really matter until I started playing on this server, that npc's with YELLLOW names will not run up and attack you.  Only the RED names will.  That saves a LOT of dancing through the crowded areas.

Thanks to Hawkeye for pointing that out for me.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 8
TheTim
March 2, 2006, 12:52am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
^^^^ Yeppers. Also even RED monsters and NPC's will NOT attack you if you are a lot higher than them in level. Which saves a ton of time later on. The best way to check is to just click the monster, if their level shows as GREY then they won't attack you (unless you start attacking them).

Also the color of monsters and NPC's level number indicates to you how much of a threat they are to you. The order is as follows: Grey > Green > Yellow > Orange > Red. Red meaning they will most likely kick your a**. If they're number appears RED but it actually tells you the number then you can probably beat them if you fight smart. If they're level shows up as ( or a (skull) then stay the crap away from them YOU WILL DIE. ha.

The color sequence applies to a whole bunch of areas of the game, for a skinner (like me) the corpse will have the word "Skinnable" show up in one of those colors which indicates how likely you are to successfully skin it. In leatherworking the items I can make also show in those colors telling me how likely I am to successfully create the item.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 8
Hawkeye
March 29, 2006, 7:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
If any of you guys are collecting herbs Westfall has TONS!  I mean there patches of bruiseweed, briorthorn, earth root etc.. so much that you could do it non stop as you get the last ones the first ones are already respawning!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 8
TheTim
March 30, 2006, 2:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
For miners: Desolace is loaded. Iron, Mithrial, Silver, True Silver. I don't know all the types of things you can mine but those sounded good.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread