Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Server outages on Sunday
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server outages on Sunday
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Server outages on Sunday  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Trarman
March 5, 2006, 12:31am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Sorry for the server outages on Sunday.  My router seems to lose its wireless connection after a couple days, so I thought a firmware update could fix that.  Instead it made the router die completely every couple hours.  I have just now loaded a widely recommended version of the firmware.  Just goes to show:  Latest ain't necessarily the Greatest.

I'd say if you notice any problems let me know, but you won't be able to access the site to do so.  

E-mail E-mail
Hawkeye
April 19, 2006, 12:10pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Just wondered if you have been experiencing issues with the server or are you on a downloading spree?  Reason I ask is last night from around 6:30 to 9:00pm there was some serious lag in logging on and playing and again this moring from 6:45 am to 7:30am.

I've also noticed a slight lag in connecting to this site from work as well.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 12
Trarman
April 19, 2006, 1:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Its the old router.  Because my Asante router died on Saturday, I had to dust off my old SMC router from a few years ago...  which also doesn't work, but it doesn't work slightly better than the completely dead Asante.  

I ordered a new Linksys router from Futureshop online on Sunday (there was a sale).  I'm hoping it shows up today so I can finally put the SMC to rest.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 12
Hawkeye
April 19, 2006, 2:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh yeah, I had forgotten you mentioned that.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 12
Trarman
April 19, 2006, 4:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hurray, the Linksys showed up.  When I get home from work I'll start setting it up.  There will be a brief (15 minutes or so) period of down time.  I don't expect to have to reboot the server.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 12
Hawkeye
April 19, 2006, 5:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Son of a b****!  15 minutes!  Are you crazy!!  Yeah, like Chubbs would let me get home and immidiately start playing!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 12
Trarman
April 19, 2006, 11:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Got the new Linksys router installed.  Took longer than I expected because the damn thing was all in german!!  WTF?  I had to go find some US firmware and then figure out where in the hell in the menu options was "Upgrade Firmware" and how to do it.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 12
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 12:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You mean your own personal version of German didn't help you?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 12
TheTim
April 20, 2006, 12:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
Yeah, like Chubbs would let me get home and immidiately start playing!

Who's "Chubbs"? Is that a nickname for your wife or something. LOL... You must sleep on the couch a lot...
E-mail E-mail Reply: 8 - 12
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 1:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes it is as a matter of fact and she chose that as her handle on this message board... far be it from me to disregard her wishes...   (Though I think she took that name because our 8 month daughter is quite chubby )

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 12
Hawkeye
April 21, 2006, 3:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey the new router is awesome. Though last night there was a bit o lag, but I'm blaming Shabadu for that.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 12
Trarman
April 21, 2006, 5:49pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Well, one thing I don't like about the new router is how it seems to have difficulty in directing some types of internal traffic.  For example, my WoW client is set to connect to darkshade.homeip.net just like everyone else (otherwise you can't authenticate) but I *AM* darkshade.homeip.net.  The router should recognise that and keep the traffic on my local network.

The Asante router did that terrifically.  I had a router (I think it was DLink) that wouldn't handle it at all!  The Linksys though kinda slows that kind of traffic down while it thinks about it.  Thus, I end up with nasty connection speed with my own server, but outside sources are speedy fast.  Pretty unpredictable actually, ranging from 6ms to 6000ms reported by WoW (if you hover your mouse over the connection speed bar)

Sometimes I can literally count to ten after clicking a quest giver before the text appears.  But gameplay itself doesn't seem hindered.

E-mail E-mail Reply: 11 - 12
Hawkeye
April 21, 2006, 7:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well the response time last night was about 879 sometimes.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 12
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server outages on Sunday