Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
A song of Ice and fire
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  A song of Ice and fire
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

A song of Ice and fire  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Hawkeye
March 16, 2006, 9:43am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well.  I'm about 200 pages into the A feast for Crows book.  And so far, I must admit it is pretty slow.  I hope it starts to pick up soon.  I guess he couldn't have bloody battles ALL the time... but he coulda tried.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Trarman
March 16, 2006, 11:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
You found a paperback?  Or are you reading the hard cover?  I am sorry to hear that it's slow.  Perhaps I'll have to get the coles notes version from you.  
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 16
Hawkeye
March 16, 2006, 11:41am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I'm borrowing the hardcover from my brother in law.  I say slow, but don't get me wrong it is still interesting.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 19, 2006, 8:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmmm.. I hope it picks up too.. I haven't started it yet but I don't want it to be slow and boring... when I paged through the hard cover at Chapters I noticed it was mainly about Cersei and Jamie and neither of them are my favourite characters...
But the first three were soo good that I'll give him one bad book to get it out of his system I guess... cause eventually he has to bring it back up.. I hope!

Hawkeye - you should start the Malazzan series I left at Trary's place.  I really think you'll like it.. of course I really think Trarman would like it too, but no accounting for tastes sometimes
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 16
Chiquita
March 20, 2006, 12:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Personally wonder if the book is not just filler for Georges empty pockets.  For the GRRM addicted ones check out his website:
http://www.georgerrmartin.com/
Does anyone else think he looks like Captain Highliner?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 16
Hawkeye
March 24, 2006, 9:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
A much less sexier version of captain highliner...  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 27, 2006, 4:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
He looks like Captain Highlighter's (Highliner.. whatever) love child if the old Sea Captain from the Simpson's was the mother.  Yarrrrr.. he's not attractive!

But I don't think it is meant to fill his pockets with money.  I checked out the website a long time ago (awaiting Feast for Crows for ever and ever) and his books are sold in a number of countries in a number of different languages... my guess is he probably has a nice chunk of money set aside from all those sales.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 16
Hawkeye
March 27, 2006, 6:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yeah, I doubt he's hurting for money..  if he is I'm sure he could hooker himself up a bit and strut around dockyards picking up REALLY desperate sailers.  "Wild beard rides!"

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 28, 2006, 8:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So what you are saying is GRRM is really just a rich, non-red-haired version of Don-key?  I wonder if George ever wore a toilet paper crown while playing a**hole at camp with a bunch of impressionable young boys around?!?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 16
Hawkeye
March 28, 2006, 8:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Don was the impressionable one, we were pretty much corrupted by then

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
March 29, 2006, 3:42am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well I don't know if I'd say Don was the impressionable one by any means.. but I will agree that we were what we are by then at any rate.

I still think Don vs Ron would make for one hell of a celbrity boxing match.. ok so neither is much of a celebrity.. but it would still be fun to see Don wail away on Ron.. to begin it would be a battle of the beards, then who could be more perverse followed with the grand finale wherein Don-key smashes Ron into little pieces cause I think that would be the inevitable ending.. Don could be a pretty mean dude if push ever came to shove, yanno?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 16
Hawkeye
March 31, 2006, 4:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Is this something you dream of? Ron and Don boxing each other?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
April 3, 2006, 4:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes Hawkeye, yes I dream about it all the time.
With you being the bikini-clad vixen walking around with the round numbers.. only the rounds are short, oe or two minutes at most but when you walk the numbers about it is for for 5+ minutes at a time.
You even have a little dance you put on sometimes..
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 16
Hawkeye
April 3, 2006, 8:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It's nice to have hobbies.  

I keep finding myself wondering how GRRM will finish the series.  With all the stories and battles and such any ending would be anti-clamactic I would think.  How many more books are there? (after the fourth one)

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 16
Shabadu_SMH
April 5, 2006, 11:30am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think he was inteding there to be 6 books but what with this one becoming two because it was so long that coul mean there will be 7?  I dunno he seems to just have an idea of where the story is going and wants to keep writing until it gets there...
As for the ending I've wondered that myself... any ending would be anti-climactic.  Althought the rate he's going theentire continent will all be dead in another 2 books so maybe the crows will rule the land (not the people who run the wall I mean the damned carrion birds!)
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 14 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  A song of Ice and fire