Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Ships and Zepplins
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Discussion  ›  Ships and Zepplins
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Ships and Zepplins  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Trarman
March 23, 2006, 2:53am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I've noticed that when riding ships and zepplins, they appear to get stuck just before you'd switch to the map screen and see the old Indiana Jones dotted line.  But you can just stay on them and it will eventually (up to a minute or two) unstick and you're on your merry way.

Just thought I'd share that, in case you happen to ride one and think you have to swim to shore.

E-mail E-mail
TheTim
March 23, 2006, 2:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I think I posted my issues with these before. Whenever I ride either of those it gets "stuck" just AFTER the indiana jones travel line thingy. And never seems to get unstuck cause it puts me way out in the middle of nowhere, undreneath the actual world.

I logoff and then back in and my dood is infinetly falling (under the world, the boat/zeppelin) is gone. So I point my character towards the nearest ocean. And once he gets to the ocean, the empty nothingness turns into water, which I still can't go anywhere in but at least can cast my "Hearthstone" to get back to reality. Its really screwed up.  

E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 7
Trarman
March 23, 2006, 3:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Which one is that?  I haven't experieced that on the rides to and from the wetlands, teldrassil, dustwallow marsh, booty bay, and Grom'gold outpost.  They all get stuck before the map, I wait, they eventually get to where I want to go.

Flight paths where you ride a winged animal alway appear to work.  You haven't had any problems with them, have you?
E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 7
TheTim
March 23, 2006, 5:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Nope flight paths have all seemed to work.

Boat from Ratchet to Booty Bay. Right after load of the eatern kingdom I checked the map to see where I was 'stuck'. The boat was on land (well under it) on the eastern coast in the middle (half way up). If you check your map Booty Bay is down on the South-Western most point of the land. SO I was really far away.

Zeppelin from major undead city back to Orgrimmar. After the western kingdom loaded the ship was 'stuck' under ground over near the western coast of Ashenvale. Which is pretty far away from Orgrimmar.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 7
Hawkeye
April 4, 2006, 5:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Why are the trams in stormwind instanced?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 7
Trarman
April 4, 2006, 6:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
It's always been like that.  Not sure if it's instanced or just requires loading.  Some time we'll have to follow each other in there to see what happens.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 7
Shabadu_SMH
April 9, 2006, 5:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It ain't a bug with either the zepplins or ships but I dsicovered if you try to run the underground path from Stormwind to the dwarven city when you get to the part where you can look up at the glass roof and see the sea/lake or whatever body of water you are under basking sharks will charge you jumping THROUGH the glass and slaying your character because they were skull and crossbones to my lvl 9 character - so beware if you try treading that path for the ghost sharks from hell!!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 7
Hawkeye
April 10, 2006, 8:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I noticed a couple of times along Darkshore that if you attack a marine creature it'll follow you onto land and hover there hitting you.  Though, i haven't done this recently.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Discussion  ›  Ships and Zepplins