Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Montana's
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Montana's  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
February 8, 2008, 8:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
For lunch today we decided to go to Montana's.  I had mentioned I craved Fajitas and someone suggested we could go to Montana's.  They had fajitas.  So we checked out their web site (http://www.montanas.ca) and salivated over the pictures for a few minutes.

Note, we've all been to Montana's before.  Consensus was it would be a decent choice for lunch.

Upon getting there and receiving the menus, I was stunned by the price of the fajitas.  $16.99!  For comparison, most lunches were $8.99.  Their short rack of ribs were $17.99.  I figured these are either tremendously overpriced fajitas or really really good.  I ordered them, since that's what I came for.  Mistake!

The "cooked" ingredients were supposed to come to the table sizzling.  There was no sizzle.  Hell, the onions hadn't even browned.  And even though the beef was just little strips of meat, it was cold, and some pieces were practically rare.

But what really frustrated me were the tortillas.  They came to the table "warmed", which apparently means soggy and stuck to the container.  Thankfully it was only the top and bottom tortillas that were useless, so the three in the middle could be used for fajitas.

The peppers on the searing pan were cut in rings and completely uncooked.  They didn't make for a very convenient topping in the fajita.  As such, I went through my 3 tortillas before half the food had been used up.  So I had to attract the attention of our server, who ignored us even though she had just dropped food off at the table immediately beside us.  I asked for more tortillas, which she happily fetched.  Unfortunately, after your first 5, they bring them out to you 3 at a time.  When the top tortilla is stuck to the lid of the container, and the bottom tortilla is stuck to the base, that really only leaves 1 useful tortilla.

So I heaped what meat looked appetizing on there, some cheese, and called it quits after that.

Waitresses these days seem to have a habit of making sure everything is to your liking before you even try your first bite, then you never hear from them again.  Same situation today.  We were never asked if we wanted refills on our drinks.  Well, a good waitress won't even ask and will just bring some more beverage if you're looking out of a refillable drink.

All in all, it came to a disappointing visit, and I am NEVER ordering fajitas there again.

This was the Montana's on Ottawa street.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Montana's