Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Lions of Ireland / Druids / Greener Shore
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Lions of Ireland / Druids / Greener Shore
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Lions of Ireland / Druids / Greener Shore  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Chiquita
February 21, 2008, 3:15am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I just finished reading several books by Morgan Llywelyn. Llywelyn's writing is centered around Celtic culture in the context of historical fiction. Llywelyn has written over 42 short stories/novels/anthologies about Irish history ranging from early pagans to modern day. I read Greener Shore first not realizing it was part of a series in which Druids preceeded it and several books earlier Lion of Ireland: the Legend of Brian Boru. I devoured the Greener Shore and stayed up to finish the book into the wee dawn hours. Druids had great battles but as I already knew the end..the same excitment to see the outcome was not there. However, I did enjoy finding out how the characters' lives became connected. As for the Lion of Ireland is more written as a biography of one man and his heroic acts with less emphasis on the spiritual world influence on life.  Some believe royalties are due to Llywelyn for the movie Braveheart as one could substitute William Wallace of Scotland for Brian Boru of Ireland. Overall, Llywelyn has the ability to intertwine good character development with epic sagas and mysticism. Faults? A little too romantic-make warefare what it is bloody hellish, her Latin (Roman characters) is really rusty and mostly wrong, as well as a suspection that if I read more of her books they would be a little formulaic.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Lions of Ireland / Druids / Greener Shore