Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Resurrecting The Champ
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Resurrecting The Champ  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
March 10, 2008, 9:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Don't watch the trailer if you want to maximize your enjoyment of this film.  One of the things in the movie that I really enjoyed not knowing ahead of time, is given away in the trailer.  So don't watch it.

Here's what you need to know.  A struggling sports writer for a big paper gains inspiration when he meets a homeless man called "The Champ".  The Champ is an ex-professional boxer decades past his prime, played by Samuel L. Jackson in what I believe to be his best performance ever.  In learning about The Champ, the writer (played by Josh Hartnett, from "Lucky Number Slevin") learns about himself and what he needs to succeed in life.  It's a movie about values, and knowing who you are.

I give the movie 9.5/10.  Well written story.  Well written characters and dialog.  Superb acting from everyone.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Chiquita
March 26, 2008, 7:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I would agree it is a surprisingly good movie. I have to admit I was mentally think "great another movie about a sport hero-wow[sarcastic]", when I first heard about it. I would give it a 9/10 too.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Resurrecting The Champ