Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Rick Mercer's Blog
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Rick Mercer's Blog  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
March 12, 2008, 5:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The latest entry in Rick Mercer's Blog cracks me up.  I can't believe Harper is still so popular!

Quoted Text

Well what a great week in Ottawa, hey. And by "great" I mean "filled with scandal." There was a new one every day, most of them involving the Prime Minister. Jack Layton was on Lou Dobbs for God sakes! You don't see that every day.

But if I had to pick my favourite scandal it would have to be the Cadman affair. Did the Conservative party offer Chuck Cadman, a Member of Parliament who was dying, a million-dollar life insurance policy in exchange for his vote? Because that's what his widow says. But you don't have to take her word for it – Stephen Harper is on a tape saying yes, financial considerations were offered to a dying man. Well, if you buy the adage that where there's smoke there's fire, there's so much smoke coming out of this sucker, you can see it on Google Maps.

And so what's the Prime Minister say now? Forget my voice on the tape, the only thing we offered Chuck Cadman was a chance to join the Conservative Party. Stephen, no offense, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Could you imagine if you were on your deathbed and a couple of Tories came over to your house to try to buy you off, and they offered you a membership in the Conservative Party? Because, apparently, a lot of people on their deathbed think, "I wish I spent more time with the Tories."

And so what's Harper's reaction once the opposition started asking questions? He's suing. He's suing the leader of the opposition. Never before in the history of Canadian democracy has a Prime Minister sued the leader of the opposition. But that's what Harper's doing. Suddenly he's like that guy on TV from upstate New York who will sue anyone anytime for anything. His coffee's too hot – he will sue. Ask him a question outside of Question Period – he will sue. A lawsuit by the way that's gonna cost taxpayers millions and millions of dollars. Our money being spent to ensure the Prime Minister won't answer any questions that should be answered.

Yes, it's been a crazy week and it could also be a tipping point. Because Stephen Harper has always had one ace in the hole: his reputation as a straight shooter. Well you can wave that goodbye; because when it comes to preserving reputations, Conrad Black had a better week.

source: http://www.rickmercer.com/blog/index.cfm

Attachment: scandalimage_7345.jpg
Size: 97.30 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Rick Mercer's Blog