Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Hillary's "experience" shows
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Hillary's "experience" shows
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Hillary's "experience" shows  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
March 26, 2008, 2:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It's all over the news.  Hillary Clinton describes, in detail, her visit to Bosnia in 1996, to show how she's in touch with the US Military and understands what they go through.  She recalls running from her plane under sniper fire...  yet CBS was there in '96 and filmed how it ACTUALLY went.  http://youtube.com/watch?v=8BfNqhV5hg4

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Danmick
March 26, 2008, 3:55am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
The important thing is that, in her mind, she was a badass hero!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 11
Diddly
March 26, 2008, 2:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmm...  I wonder what the states would be like with a badass hero president....  oh wait, the current guy, what's his name, Mr. Mission-Accomplished...  yeah, he's a badass hero too.

Joking aside, I worry that Clinton would spend her time trying to show everyone how she's just as tough as one of the guys, and forget the people who voted for her might have been expecting a more level head.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 11
Danmick
March 26, 2008, 10:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
In my mind, there are many reasons not to vote for her.  I'm afraid that the whole democratic canidacy is going to get bogged down in the potential for a groundbreaking presidency (either on the basis of race or gender), and focus will be lost on the job itself... Not necessarily for Clinton or Obama, but for the media and PR reps certainly.  I still think Obama would be a good choice though.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 11
Chiquita
April 13, 2008, 12:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I think the democratic party has really shown its deterioration by proposing either Obama or Clintonette for the presidential candidacy. Not really sure why one would vote for Obama??

Simply looking at the surface, Clintonette is a bad choice because she brings along all the political baggage of Clinton's political/presidency career with her and she is a poor role model for women as she stood behind a cheating s-h-i-t and did not bring out her inner badass and publicly put him in his place.

Until recently, I thought Clinton had more wit, charm and calm under extreme pressure than Clintonette, but over the last four years, I noticed he is more easily losing control, getting angered by hecklers, making factual mistakes and racial slurs.
It seems weird that a guy who withstood public impeachment and a presidency would have such problems with the basics in a presidential campaign. Sabotaging his wife? Old age?

I think Clinton has got  "pump head" aka brain damage from heart bypass surgery, which is primary cause is emboli produced during surgery from clamping the aorta and from the “heart-lung machine.” This machine pumps blood to keep the patient alive while the heart is stopped during the operation, but unfortunately, is known to introduce toxic gases, fat globules, and bits of plastic debris into the bloodstream of the patient under anesthesia. Once they are in the bloodstream, these particles migrate to the brain where they can clog capillaries and prevent adequate amounts of blood and oxygen from flowing to the brain. Essentially, all patients experience brain emboli during surgery and for many the damage is permanent. In 2001, an article in the New England Journal of Medicine reported that 5-years after bypass surgery 42% of patients showed decline in mental function of approximately 20 percent or more.(2) A study published this year in the Annals of Thoracic Surgery using MRI testing just after bypass surgery found brain damage in 51% of patients.(3)

I don't know how else you could explain Clinton's mood swings and lose intellectual acuity and it is certainly not helping Clintonette's campaign.

Anyhow, I doubt either democratic candidate will make it to the White House.

Refs:

1) Hill JD, Aguilar MJ, Baranco A, de Lanerolle P, Gerbode F. Neuropathological manifestations of cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 1969 May;7(5):409-19.

2) Newman MF, Kirchner JL, Phillips-Bute B, Gaver V, Grocott H, Jones RH, Mark DB, Reves JG, Blumenthal JA;  Longitudinal assessment of neurocognitive function after coronary-artery bypass surgery. N Engl J Med. 2001 Feb 8;344(6):395-402. 9Link: http://content.nejm.org/cgi/reprint/344/6/395.pdf)

3) Knipp SC, Matatko N, Wilhelm H, Schlamann M, Thielmann M, Lösch C, Diener HC, Jakob H.  Cognitive outcomes three years after coronary artery bypass surgery: relation to diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008 Mar;85(3):872-9.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 11
Chiquita
April 13, 2008, 4:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Quoted from Chiquita
Not really sure why one would vote for Obama??

Diddly said this statement comes across as "why would anyone ever vote for him" rather than "I don't know the reason(s) why people want to vote for him" that I intended it to be.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 11
Danmick
April 13, 2008, 6:49pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I would have to guess that the reason Hillary didn't put Bill in his place publicly is that showing dissention among the ranks is probably the oldest no-no in politics.  And the stakes were/are even higher when you're talking about the President of the United States... he's supposed to be the most powerful guy in the world, and to show him being publicly b****-slapped by his wife would undermine his authority, and show him as being weak, not only in the eyes of his political opponents, but in the eyes of the world (particualarly some of those countries where " a man doesn't take orders from a woman").

As for his less than composed demeanor of late, he used to be the most powerful guy in the world, and now he's not much more than a celebrity (I know, he still retains some power, but not like before).  It has to be a blow to the ego.  Also, it wouldn't surprise me if his home life sucks a) because he's married to Hillary, and b) because she probably put him in his place out of view of the public.  Because of the need to exhibit a united front, he really can't leave (if he was so inclined) without damaging her political carreer.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 11
Chiquita
April 15, 2008, 2:15am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
uhm who would want to be married to him?!   But, I totally agree I doubt Clinton is taking it well; not being the centre of attention and having to be the show piece for his wife probably is a little too emasculating for his personality type.

what do you see as Obama's good points?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 11
Danmick
April 15, 2008, 6:37am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
The way I see it, the prez is mostly a figurehead.  They have the ultimate say, but if they ignore their advisors and/or congress too much, they really don't get far.  So the things that I see most in Obama are these: 1) he has a crapload of charisma which is a huge change for the US considering the last 2 terms.  Having someone who is actually intelligent, articulate, and (hopefully) prudent would be a huge boon to the states.  This is what Bill Clinton actually had going for him, and his time in office actually went quite well, until he effed it up with his indiscretions (to be fair, let's not forget that Kennedy was one of the most popular presidents of all time, and I'm pretty sure the "F" in JFK didn't stand for Fidelity [*cough*Marilyn Monroe]... I'm sure that if the truth were known, many more of the presidents had similar "perks", but more luck or more discretion).  Right now, I believe that the US needs someone who can represent them to the rest of the world in a positive light.

2) He's not a cowboy.  People say he speaks without saying much, but I say that he has ideals, and he's stating his goals.  He may not have a clear plan to implement those goals, but I think the goal is what's important, and I can respect someone who declines to make up a bunch of BS before having a solid plan.  Remember Bob Ray, who had great goals as the Ontario Premiere for the NDP:  when he got into office, he found out that things weren't as cut and dried as he expected them to be, so most of what he promised failed completely.  I think that if Obama's serious about his intentions, that's the most important thing for now.

3) so far, he's run a fairly staright-up campaign as far as I've been able to tell.  I've heard insults, cheap shots and publicity stunts coming from Hillary's side, but he has mostly stayed focused on why he should win the candidacy, except to respond to her camp (I haven't been following too closely lately though, maybe this is a misperception on my part).  Some of her tactics just smack of desperation in my mind, and if she's really the best candidate, she should almost be able to ignore her opponent and run on her own merits.

As for McCain as a republican candidate, he probably has the experience, but I refer back to my first point.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 11
Hawkeye
May 8, 2008, 6:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think the writing is on the wall now... Sayonara Hillary Clinton.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 11
Danmick
May 14, 2008, 4:05am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I think I'm having second thoughts about McCain.  He may not be so bad after all:

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/mccain_vows_to_replace_secret
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 11
Hawkeye
May 14, 2008, 4:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Nice..

On a serious note, McCain has always been a moderate republican... He was one of the two senators pushing for finance reform.

I, quite frankly, don't think any of the candidates will be able to restore America's image to the rest of the world.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 11
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Hillary's "experience" shows