Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
How OOXML was passed
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  How OOXML was passed
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

How OOXML was passed  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
April 21, 2008, 5:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I was discussing how ISO recently gave the thumbs up to OOXML as an "Open Document Format".  OOXML is Microsoft's baby, and nobody else can implement it.  By definition, such a thing should never have been passed as "Open", but yet, here we are.  Governments that were considering using something other than Microsoft Office for their important papers can once again breathe easy and continue using their proprietary Microsoft solutions that have no transparency, can be rendered obsolete at will, and are insecure.
At first I thought it was just Microsoft loading up the various committees with Pro-MS people...  but this latest account reveals just how broken the process is: http://topicmaps.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/the-norway-vote-what-really-happened/.  Now this was just Norway.  They aren't the only ones to vote YES on this monstrosity.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Hawkeye
May 8, 2008, 6:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sounds democratic to me.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  How OOXML was passed