Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Zeitgeist
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Zeitgeist  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
September 13, 2008, 7:03am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hawkeye and I watched Zeitgeist the Movie tonight.  At first we watched it because in Part 1 it talks about the similarities between numerous sun god religions, of which Christianity is alleged to be the latest incarnation.  It was interesting, but obviously you can't blindly accept everything told to you to be true (a message the movie repeats a few times).

Part 2 then talks about 9/11 conspiracies.  There's just enough fact, and definitely enough "WTF?" nonsense from the government, to make you wonder.  While looking up information to refute Zeitgeist, I read a surprisingly profound reply.  "The trouble with conspiracy theories is there is no evidence to refute.  'The facts' are always part of the cover up."

Part 3 is what really got us.  Not because it was super believable (Part 1 was probably most believable) but because the conclusion ends with Canada, US and Mexico becoming the "North American Union" like the EU.  Complete with our own new currency: The Amero.  Along with the "African Union" and "Asian Union", we'd all eventually form One World Economy.  As a proud Canadian, this was the part I sought to discredit swiftly.

I was horrified to find the Security & Prosperity Protection (SPP) council existed, and was indeed made up of elite executives.  The Canadian Council of Chief Executives (Top CEOs of the country) was manipulating our government to amalgamate with the US!  This was worse than the corporate motivations of our ministers that I already believed!  I've attached the very document delivered to Bush, Harper and Fox, proposing a unified North America by 2010.

While my brain went into overdrive on what I could do to stop this (yeah, wishful thinking that I could effect that kind of change), my fingers kept typing into Google search, and I ultimate found this site: http://www.conspiracyscience.com/articles/zeitgeist/part-three/

On this site, the author deals with the movie on a point by point basis.  I've linked to Part 3 specifically, but you can navigate to Part 1 and 2 from there.  My heart started to slow as I saw point after point debunked WITH REFERENCES.  Ahhh... that soothes the soul.  Of course, I should really check the references for completeness, but it's such a relief to see a structured rebuttal.  So many of the Zeitgeist rebuttal sites were utter trash, and even more dubious than the movie itself.

Additionally, I've found references that indicate the document I've attached is just a proposal.  And why wouldn't the financial experts be involved in drafting a proposal about economic prosperity?  Reading through it, it is definitely just a proposal, and coupled with the arguments from the linked site, there is no chance of a secret "Surprise!  We're one economy!"

You can watch the movie here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197

Attachment: northamerica_tf_final_5362.pdf
206 downloads   -   Size: 294.85 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Hawkeye
September 16, 2008, 9:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Again, as I said to you Diddly, footnotes would be wonderful in documentaries... where the hell do they get their info?  Even that site you referred to to doesn't really divulge where it got its information... two guys ranting at each other..

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Diddly
September 17, 2008, 6:53pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It's true.  There's a number of bull**** arguments on both sides, so all you can do is be aware that you're being lied to.  Which is pretty much the case most of the time someone is trying to push their point of view.

Sad

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Zeitgeist