Please login or register.
Willowside Family Restaurant
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Willowside Family Restaurant
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Willowside Family Restaurant  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
April 5, 2009, 12:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
We were looking for a place to have breakfast in Guelph, and saw great reviews for Willowside Family Restaurant (http://www.restaurantica.com/on/guelph/willowside-family-restaurant/23410203/) at the corner of Silvercreek and Willow just off the Hanlon.
The place was busy!  That's always a good sign for a restaurant.  We were seated fairly fast for such a tiny dining room.  We got (in my opinion) a nice spot near the front window, and not crowded due to being next to a dividing wall.
Little did I know, the wall would be the first of our problems!
The hostess was friendly, and brought us our drinks right away.  However we then proceeded to wait for half an hour before we got our orders taken!  Seems the wall made for a bit of a blind spot and we were completely ignored by our waitress.  It wasn't till the hostess came by to clear a nearby table that she saw us sitting there with our menus closed.  She asked "Have your orders been taken?"  No.  "I'll get the waitress right away."  I counted three groups in our half of the room alone that had been seated after us and had already had their orders taken by this point.
When the waitress came over and finally took our orders (the very standard "Triple Combo", three eggs, three sausages, three slices of bacon, three slices of ham, home fries and toast), she assured us she'd put a rush on it.
Fifteen minutes later we received our breakfasts.  The groups I had been watching all received their meals before us... yes, they were triple combos too.  Nice "rush"
Okay, so they're disorganized.  The food, although typically greasy fare, did not leave us feeling overly greasy, and there was more than enough quantity that we both left food on our plates.  I inspected a copy of their Take-Out menu, and they have a good variety of choices beyond breakfast.  If I lived in Guelph, I'd probably try this place again just for their food.
So now that we were done eating, we decided not to wait for them to give us our bill (we could still be there!   )  and went up to the cash to pay.
The host confirmed we had ordered triple combos and rang it in.  However, he missed our drinks.  Out of decency we reminded him.  So he canceled that and rang up a different bill.  This time it was a turkey sandwich and some other dish... and still no drinks.  Okay fine, we paid for the turkey, since it was slightly more than our breakfasts, but not so much more that we were getting ripped off.
I give Willowside 3 out of 5 stars.  The food itself saved them, and they didn't mess up our order... it just took forever and we had trouble paying for it.
Would I go again?  Yes, hoping that the service was better next time.
http://willowsidefamilyrestaurant.com/

Attachment: 22_0_374_176_csupload_2364395_large_468.jpg
Size: 51.30 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Willowside Family Restaurant