Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Milles Bornes review
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Milles Bornes review
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Milles Bornes review  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
fredg999
July 8, 2009, 1:49am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I recently played Milles Bornes on this site, and I found a few tweaks:

• When I was stuck (ex. I am out of gas and I don't have gasoline), I couldn't get out unless I reload the page. Also, I must check in the rules if, when there are no more cards in the deck, all discarded cards go to the deck so that you can prevent this kind of problem. I think more that there are more cards in a game than ~80, I think it is something like 104.
  • When I selected a difficulty, a lot of things had passed even before I could click on the deck. It only happened once so far, so I don't know if I would be able do reproduce that. (Note: I was on Ubuntu that game, so that might've helped... I don't know) The other players had passed a few turns and I couldn't do anything.
  • The scores table on the right can't show everything correctly, because the Font size is too big. I don't know if it is because of my browser...
  • If I can remember the rules correctly, when you place a Safety, you should have to play again. Currently you can't.
  • Please, when you don't click on the right place, don't make the message box write everything a hundred times... (In fact I guess it's only when you choose a difficulty)
  • The X button (top-right corner) doesn't work.

Else, I can say the game is well done, even though I guess you don't seem to work on it very often because of Zombie Slaughter, but I'd play if those little bugs were fixed. Also, because I speak very well in French, I could add a French Translation (that even comes from the real game) so that more people can play it. I guess it's not so hard to do.
E-mail E-mail
Diddly
July 8, 2009, 1:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Thanks for the feedback!  I'm glad you liked it, although you are absolutely right it isn't accurate to the official rules.

I made mille bornes more as a test/demo to see how easy it was to use a card game framework I had written.  It's one of my favourite card games, and since it can't be played with a poker deck, it was the perfect test.

Some day I may get back to it..  I have a few other projects ahead of it in the queue though.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Hawkeye
November 27, 2009, 6:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
God you're lazy!  That was almost 5 months ago.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Milles Bornes review