Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Battlefield 1943
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Battlefield 1943  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Hawkeye
July 14, 2009, 12:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well, finally the long wait is over and we can play battlefield 1943 on our PS3's.  It's a great game and the fully destructible environment only adds to the title Chubbsbubs gives to these kinds of games "Blow up everything twice just to make sure."  The graphics are not cutting edge, but boy it is a step up from Battlefield 1942 and they've added new features.

It was great last night as Diddly and I teamed up together on more than one map to bring destruction upon our foes... but... it was even more sweet for me to kill Diddly to draw first blood in our BF1943 campaign.  He jumped into a tank and failed to see I was in another tank hiding in a burnt out building.  I rained terror upon the poor lad and utterly destroyed him.

Just so he knew it was me I called him and left a voice message, texted him on PS3, and now I've written this ode:

Oh Diddly you were so brave,
You inexperienced knave.

You leaped with might in a tank,
Only to receive a deathly spank.

I could hear you sound a cry,
As you died due to Hawkeye.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
July 14, 2009, 2:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I can see how you'd latch on to that one event.  It doesn't really bother me, as the successes I reaped last night more than make up for it.  Being the top ranked player for a round was nice.  Earning tons of trophies, badges, and promotions was nice too.  

My favourite parts were when we worked together to infiltrate and capture towns.  Particularly one time I was running behind your tank, when I saw an empty tank (mostly dead) sitting off to the side.  You had entered a skirmish against someone, so I hopped in this tank and said "Now let's give 'em something else to shoot at!"  I think we took a couple towns before my tank was finally scrap.

Oh, I really enjoyed every time a jeep tried to kamikaze into me when I was driving a tank.  One shell into the jeep and I'd thrill to the metal and bodies flying overhead.

After you logged off, or maybe when you switched sides, I got stuck in a squad with people who actually moved like a squad, and talked tactics, etc.  It was an interesting switch, but I wasn't in the mood for proper squad play, so I'd run off on my own.  However, like a good squad, THEY'D FOLLOW ME!  It was nice to have the cover, but I'm sure they were frustrated with my lone wolf style.

Oh, and to be honest, I have no idea when you blasted the tank I was in.  Iwo Jima was not a good map for me, and I lost about a dozen tanks that round.  Mostly cuz I had the squad squawking in my ear about where I should be driving/looking.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 16
Hawkeye
July 15, 2009, 2:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You likely wouldn't know when I blew you to bits... you were sitting in the tank at the air field shooting some of my comrades and I hit you from the side.

One thing that has just struck me as I play your zombies game is that flamethrowers are missing from BF1943!  They were a major part of the battles against the Imperial Japanese Navy!  I think that would be such a cool addition to the game!  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 16
Diddly
July 15, 2009, 8:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
They've reduced the number of classes to make BF1943 more "accessible" to the masses.  I didn't realise BF1942 was so hard-core elite.

I agree, a flame thrower would've been nice.  I noticed you often had a monkey wrench next to your name.  Did you find engineering skills?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 16
Hawkeye
July 16, 2009, 8:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yeah, I kinda liked the old version with the five different classes, sniper, infantry, support, medic, and mechanic...

I don't really know how I had a monkey wrench next to my name.. Although when you select the middle class and hit R1 or R2 a wrench comes up.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 16
Hawkeye
July 20, 2009, 5:10pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I tried the Air superiority map and found that I was able to get my Milkrun - fly a plane for 10 minutes - trophy.  But other than that I will be sticking with the other maps mostly... I have much more fun in a tank than in a plane.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 16
Diddly
July 20, 2009, 6:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Quoted from Hawkeye
I tried the Air superiority map and found that I was able to get my Milkrun - fly a plane for 10 minutes - trophy.  But other than that I will be sticking with the other maps mostly... I have much more fun in a tank than in a plane.

Oh, they've unlocked the new map?  Cool.  I still haven't figured out how to deploy my parachute.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 16
Hawkeye
July 20, 2009, 7:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I jumped out of a plane and just hit every button while I fell.  I think it may be one of the r buttons, but I am not sure..

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 16
Diddly
July 23, 2009, 3:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
How to add your own BF1943 signature:

1) Go to http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier and log in to see your personal soldier

2) Go to the leaderboard, select any other soldier, and choose "This Soldier vs Me"

3) You should now be looking at a postcard with your soldier (and stats) listed next to some other soldier (and stats).  Click on your soldier's name in the postcard.

4) Although this looks like the same summary page you were just at, check the URL in your address bar.  It should look something like this:
http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/200892623/ps3

The number between profile/ and /ps3 is your soldier id.  Make note of it.

5) Now you need to get your signature image.  It's just:
http://www.repulsor.net/gamercard/bf1943/<your id>-ps3.jpg
eg.  Here's mine:
http://www.repulsor.net/gamercard/bf1943/200892623-ps3.jpg

6) Go to the member area of the forum and edit your signature.  Using Square brackets instead of round brackets, and your own soldier id instead of mine, put literally:
(url=http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/200892623/ps3)
(img)http://www.repulsor.net/gamercard/bf1943/200892623-ps3.jpg(/img)(/url)

Congratulations!  You now have a dynamically updating signature image that keeps your friends (and enemies!) apprised of your Battlefield 1943 performance.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 16
Diddly
July 23, 2009, 6:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You can get a different image here:  http://bf1943.elxx.net/sig/clean2/ps3/200892623.png

Just substitute your soldier id for the number in the .png name.

Actually, you can see several different options at http://bf1943.elxx.net/ of which this is only one example.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 16
Hawkeye
July 23, 2009, 7:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
That is awesome... I like my new sig.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 16
Hawkeye
July 27, 2009, 5:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
To parachute from the plane you hit O then X.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 16
Diddly
July 27, 2009, 7:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Why 2 button presses?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 16
Hawkeye
July 27, 2009, 8:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
O to jump out of the plane (this is the button we use to get in and out of vehicles) and then X as you free fall.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 16
Diddly
July 27, 2009, 9:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
ahh, I see.  I thought you meant O again while falling.  That's the part that confused me.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 14 - 16
Hawkeye
July 28, 2009, 12:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Technically you could press O as many times as you want while falling... but it wouldn't do anything except make your thumb sore.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 16
Hawkeye
July 29, 2009, 12:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well I had a good night, played for about an hour got 20 kills and only 6 deaths!  Also was the top of the game one round!  And one round I killed 5 and didn't die once!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Battlefield 1943