Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Truth in Comedy
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Truth in Comedy  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
September 22, 2009, 3:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
As I place yet another piece of conservative junk mail in the recycle bin, this comic really hits home.

Attachment: cartoon4_5690.jpg
Size: 45.98 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Hawkeye
September 23, 2009, 12:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
We received yet another conservative ad in the mail the other day, telling us how they are protecting our identity and having 5 year maximum penalty for id theft.  I feel safer already, knowing that the person who steals my identity will, if caught, get maybe 5 years for destroying my credit and stealing my money.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 4
Diddly
September 23, 2009, 1:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Really?  There was no liberal bashing?  Surprising!!  (Not saying the libs don't bash the cons, but at least I'm not paying for it)

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 4
Diddly
September 25, 2009, 4:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Garth Turner is an ousted Conservative turned Liberal, and he's got an axe to grind with Harper.  Something to keep in mind when you read his post about things to remember for the next election: http://www.garthturner.com/policy/

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 4
Diddly
December 2, 2009, 9:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
From Rick Mercer regarding all the junk mail:
Quoted Text
It goes without saying that Members of Parliament have certain privileges that the rest of us do not, as they should. After all, these are honourable citizens who answered a higher calling to represent the needs and wants of their constituents and they would rather die than waste our money or disrespect the office. Or is it the other way around, I get confused.

Anyway, they've got special privileges. One of which is, they can send mail outs and fliers all over this country, and we get to pick up the tab. Which is great because luckily, one of the things that all Canadians agree on is we all love junk mail. In fact the only thing we like better than junk mail is really offensive junk mail that we paid for.

If the Tories send you a flier saying the Liberals are all anti-Jewish, you paid for that. If the Liberals send you a flier saying the Tories sent body bags to Northern Indian reservations to deal with the swine flu, you paid for that. If Olivia Chow sends you a flier saying, well, god knows what it says because let's face it, you threw it in the blue bin the minute it arrived, you paid for that. Now how this helps the democratic process I have no idea.

I ask you, how many more trees have to die so Stephen Harper can warn us once again that Michael Ignatieff taught at Harvard? Yes, we know, he taught at an American University, clearly he's a very bad man. But never mind the trees. Last year MPs from all political parties spent over ten million dollars on these mail outs. Ten million dollars a year! Hey everyone, I've got an idea. Let's save ourselves ten million dollars. Because, and not that anyone in Ottawa has mentioned this or even seems to care, but as of last week, our debt in Canada is now half a trillion dollars. The least they can do is stop adding to it by sending us garbage – in words and paper.

Source:http://www.rickmercer.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/11/24/The-Cheque-is-in-the-Mail

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Truth in Comedy