Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Scribblenauts
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Scribblenauts  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
September 23, 2009, 7:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Any game where I can stay up till 1am on a work night farting around on the TITLE SCREEN is something special.  Yes, that's right, I wasn't even playing the game.  Just trying stuff on the title screen.

Perhaps I should mention what makes this game cool.

You can create almost anything imaginable in this game, and make it interact with other things.  You want some sharks with fricken' lasers?  Call up a shark, and attach a laser.  Yes, it shoots things too!

On each level there's a starlite your little hero (Maxwell) is trying to retrieve.  Sometimes it's just a matter of getting to it (eg. it's up in a tree) or sometimes you have to accomplish some goal to obtain it (eg. get past bees and piranhas to collect flowers for a girl).  How you beat these challenges is completely up to you.  Just write the name of an object, and it springs into being.

Things interact with each other too.  If you call up a firetruck and a firefighter, the firefighter will hop into the truck.  Call up an arsonist, and the firefighter will try and run them over with the truck.  (Yeah, kinda harsh, but it's a kids game!   )

Call up Santa and he'll give you random gifts.  Call up children and he'll run over and give them gifts too.  Call up the Kraken and he'll kill them all.  It's great fun!

So yeah, I spent hours just creating stuff and seeing how it interacted with other stuff.  I didn't even attempt to solve any puzzles.  I just had fun pitting God against Death, Pirates against Ninjas, Puritans against Turkeys..  

Two thumbs up.  Best game in a long time.

Attachment: medium_3491553257_12f295f0e0_o_927.jpg
Size: 155.01 KB

Attachment: scribblenauts_060309_8675_6881.bmp
Size: 288.05 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
October 20, 2009, 8:44pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Does this even work?  I'll have to find out!

Attachment: 658704990_zbbmql_2372.jpg
Size: 130.45 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Scribblenauts