Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Nagano
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Nagano  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Chiquita
October 4, 2009, 4:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Nagano, a japanese/korean restaurant, [10 Pinebush Road in Cambridge, Ontario] is a wonderful surprise. It has a wonderful elegant but relax atmosphere and awesome service.  Two adults can eat a filling lunch for under 25$ total. Lunch rolls or bento boxes come with a refreshing house salad and better than average miso soup broth. The fish was very fresh and tempura had the right amount of crispiness- so yummy!. Initially, I thought their spicy salmon rolls were too mild but was surprised by the latent heat and spicy flavour they produced. Likewise, I quite enjoyed the complementary seasame seed ice cream (although initially concerned by its deep black/greyish purple colour). I cannot wait to go back and try some of their unique rolls! Want to go today?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
October 4, 2009, 5:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think Nagano may become our new regular sushi place, for it's proximity, value, and quality.  Taka may be closer, but it's twice as expensive and not as good quality.

I had the sashimi, sushi, and roll bento box.  It was a terrific combination of choices, and the fish did not disappoint.  I was especially surprised at the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of the white fish sashimi (I have no idea the type of fish, just that it was solidly white).  I expected it to be rubbery, but it was not.

The ice cream, it should be noted, was complimentary because we showed up early.  The staff had just arrived and not even entered the building themselves yet.  Since they all arrived in the same van, I suspect most (if not all) of them are family.  They saw us try the door, so when we returned they felt bad that we had had to wait.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Nagano