Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Iconic Cdn Singer Gordon Lightfoot Passes Away
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Iconic Cdn Singer Gordon Lightfoot Passes Away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Iconic Cdn Singer Gordon Lightfoot Passes Away  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
February 18, 2010, 8:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The radio told me that Gordon Lightfoot passed away last night (Wednesday, February 17, 2010); but one song later they retracted it saying apparently his agent is denying this happened.  Wanting to confirm it myself, I went online and found this story from the Ottawa Citizen (http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Singer+songwriter+Gordon+Lightfoot+dead/2582170/story.html)

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
February 18, 2010, 8:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hahahahaha.. I shared this link with a few people who told me it wasn't working.. looks like his death notice was released across the country and retracted less than 30 minutes later!  (I checked the Vancouver Sun and the Ottawa Citizen, both who had posted the story around 2:40pm (Feb 1.. and both had removed the story by 3:05pm on the same day!  

Here's hoping he's still around.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Diddly
February 18, 2010, 8:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It's a hoax.  Someone pretending to Ronnie Hawkins spread the rumor.  http://www.nowtoronto.com/daily/story.cfm?content=173752

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Iconic Cdn Singer Gordon Lightfoot Passes Away