Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Video Game Symphony
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Video Game Symphony  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
June 8, 2010, 2:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I recently watched an episode of Electric Playground, and was gravely disappointed.  It used to be the best video game review show on TV.  I don't know if it sucking has anything to do with the absence of Tommy Tallarico, but I missed his contribution.  Notably because I usually agreed with his reviews.
If you're wondering what Tommy has been up to lately, he's hosting a Symphony of video game music.  Here's a 4-minute promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHLeDBKprA&feature=player_embedded  This seems pretty cool, and I'm sure it'd be great to see.

Attachment: media_assets_7788.jpeg
Size: 4.81 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Hawkeye
June 9, 2010, 12:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I watched EP and Reviews on the Run a few times and honestly, the problems I see are:
A) People reviewing offer the same reviews and B) No Tommy, and C) they've branched out from games which means less time for game reviews...

So, I now tend to avoid that show.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Diddly
June 9, 2010, 2:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I found it turned into Access Hollywood, but for video games.  I mean, for the entire show they kept repeating what was coming up, but never actually getting there.  And once they finally did the reviews they had been promising for half the show, the review took less time than if you added up all the "Coming Up.." segments for that review.

Plus the new co-host is crreeeeepy.  I don't know what it is about the guy, but every pose he was in looked like he was going to kill someone.  It made it more entertaining to imagine it was so, but not worth watching the show for.  

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Video Game Symphony