Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Chubb-n-Checker
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Chubb-n-Checker  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
July 1, 2010, 11:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Chubb-n-Checker is a 50's style diner in Cambridge.  http://squabbo.com/chubbnchecker/.  We had a hankerin' for a juicy burger today, and were in Cambridge already, so decided to just stop at the first place we found that could fit the bill.  Glad we did!

At Chubb-n-Checker, they serve home made burgers (along with pre-fab patties, but we didn't order those).  The home made burger is 8oz and there's no mistaking this for a frozen patty.  Thick and meaty!  The bun was soft and fresh, and they top it however you like.

Even better, they serve old style milk shakes, and even give you the tin if you're eating in!  Not many places do that any more.

Although their fries looked thick and full, we had ordered the onion rings.  (Wow, they don't even charge extra for rings instead of fries!)  These weren't light and delicate, nor oily and floppy.  The batter was crisp outside and soft inside (picture a chicken ball from chinese fast food).  I'm sure their fish and chips are really good if they use the same batter for both.

We paid about $12-$14 each (I had bacon and cheese on my burger) and neither of us could finish our plates.

If you are in the mood for a 50's diner burger, I definitely recommend you try Chubb-n-Checker.

Attachment: chubbnchecker_50_9511.gif
Size: 12.82 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
July 2, 2010, 4:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
My dad has only had great things to say about the Chubb N Checker.. we've been meaning to stop in there - I guess we'll have to make sure to try it sometime (or maybe take an extended lunch there sometime??
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Chubb-n-Checker