Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  JJ's Sweet Stop
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

JJ's Sweet Stop  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
September 13, 2010, 8:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
JJ's Sweet Stop is a great little ice cream shop here in Kitchener.  Located beside the Gino's at Homer Watson and Doon Village / Manitou, it's a refreshing change from the multitudes of Marble Slabs popping up everywhere.
They serve Old Fashion Hard Ice Cream (from London Ice Cream Company) which is extra creamy and delicious.  They also sell soft serve and plenty of other sugary treats including: Tarts, Chocolates, Fudge, Cookies, Popcorn, and more.  During this visit (my third or fourth by now) I spied some frozen gelato filled crepes I suspect will be occupying my freezer soon.  They also sell any of their flavours by the litre in case you want to stock up.
Sunday's are family day, and have a buy 3 get 1 free Sundae.  They also have a Toonie Tuesday deal, with single soft or hard scoop ice cream for $2.
The prices are very good.  In fact, I'd say you get a much better deal than DQ, and don't even bother comparing Marble $lab's prices!  For example, today I tried the "Chocolate Brownie Overload" treat.  $4.75 after tax.  This included 3 scoops of ice cream (2 Chocolate, 1 French Vanilla), a score of brownie chunks, chocolate fudge syrup and whipped cream served in an 8-inch boat.  DQ's closest approximation would be the Oreo Brownie Earthquake, which is just a single scoop's worth of soft serve and costs more!
So give JJ's Sweet Stop a try!  It's a friendly place, and serves great ice cream!

Attachment: bfdec39b4182b774e0c22b854122_7101.jpeg
Size: 113.10 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
October 20, 2010, 8:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Too late.  JJ's Sweet Stop appears to be closed for business.  There's a "For Lease" sign up in the window.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Chiquita
October 20, 2010, 9:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  JJ's Sweet Stop