Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  The Avengers
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Avengers  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
February 8, 2011, 2:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I was on imdb.com and happened across the following page for the Avengers, due out (according to imdb in 2010)...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/

I know Hawkeye LOVES Captain America (his solo movie is due out this summer), but it looks like this Avengers will lineup will include:
-Captain America (played by Chris Evans)
-The Hulk (Bruce Banner played by M<ark Ruffalo, actual Hulk voiced by Lou Farrigno)
-Thor (played by the unknown actor playing him this summer)
-Iron Man (played by R.D.Jr)
-Nick Fury (played by Samuel L Jackson)
-and Hawkeye (played by Jeremy Renner - look at his profile, I'm sure you'll recognize him)
I presume Hawkeye might even look past Captain America just to see how well written and played Hawkeye is?!?!

Anyhow, in my opinion, the one thing that made me take note wasn't the cast lineup, it was that the movie was written and will be directed by Joss Wheddon.  Even if hey put the Tooth Fairy in the Avengers lineup, I think I would go see it if Wheddon is putting that much effort in to it.  Hopefully this one doesn't get the usual lack of appreciation that a lot of his big projects seem to receive.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Hawkeye
February 8, 2011, 1:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've already seen a clip for the Cap'n Crun... America movie and it looks STUPID!  A ding-dong in tights with a shield?  And I have little to no expectation of the avengers movie... couldn't stand the comic... So, let me correct myself, I have no positive expectation of the avengers movie.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 6
Hawkeye
February 8, 2011, 2:08pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
This is also from IMDB.com, a character description of Hawkeye:

Powers and Abilities: Hawkeye is a world-class archer and marksman. His above average reflexes and hand-eye-coordination make him the most proficient archer ever known. He is also trained to throw knifes, darts, balls, bolas and boomerangs

He throws balls?  That's why he in the avengers.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 6
Diddly
February 8, 2011, 2:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I'm actually kind of sad they included Hawkeye.  I mean, really?  Super human strength with the Hulk.  Super armoured Iron Man.  Super human everything with Cap'n Crunchica.  Thor, A GOD.  And some guy who can toss a ball well.
Guess who's the Aquaman of that bunch.  Heck, Hawkeye makes Aquaman's ability to swim and talk to fish seem almost impressive.

I enjoyed the Iron Man movies, and Ed Norton's Bruce Banner in Hulk, and mostly everything Joss Whedon has done to date, so I have to admit I'll be disappointed if Avengers doesn't deliver.

As much as I despise Captain America, I am actually expecting his movie to be better than Thor's.  I hope it focuses a large part on World War II (unlike Wolverine which breezed through all the wars during the opening credits)

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 6
Shabadu_SMH
February 10, 2011, 1:23pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't think that the Cap'n 'merica movie will focus too much on WWII.. it will be some more modern setting for most of it, I believe because big pieces of history don't seem to fit in to modern movies that are targeted to kids.. and let's face it, comic book movies are mostly targeted to kids (well when I say kids I mean teens).

As for the Avengers, I think Whedon will have a good storyline at the least.. or I HOPE it will.  Whedon always seems to be able to create good stories and characters and I'm holding on to that in hopes he delivers his usual skills.

And while I agree that Hawkeye's powers are nearly as useful as all the others in hand to hand combat, if he decide to be an assassin, he would be able to kill Tony Stark at any point he wasn't in the armour, same with Bruce Banner (BTW - I'm very disappointed Ed Norton isn't returning to play that role again) or Captain America at any point he doesn't have his shield raised above his face.  I presume that Thor could also be taken out in a similar way when he was "human" but even a Thunder God would be vulnerable to an arrow into the heart with an explosive tip.. or the eyeball.. either would be fine.  Hell he could throw a spiked ball into any of their temples... as long as he didn't get in to hand to hand combat, his is the superior power really (presuming he wasn't a moron and challenged them mano a mano).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 6
Diddly
February 11, 2011, 3:08am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't know..  since the Captain America movie is an origin movie, you'd expect it to take place at the start of his story.  These stills make me think it will be a large part WWII based.  http://screenrant.com/captain-america-images-joe-johnston-sandy-87174/ and http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/leaked-pictures-of-captain-america-from-movie-set

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 6
Carbin
April 25, 2011, 3:05am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Diddly
I'm actually kind of sad they included Hawkeye.  I mean, really?  Super human strength with the Hulk.  Super armoured Iron Man.  Super human everything with ipad 2 Sleeves Cap'n Crunchica.  Thor, A GOD.  And some guy who can toss a ball well.
Guess who's the Aquaman of that bunch.  Heck, Hawkeye makes Aquaman's ability to swim and talk to fish seem ipad2 folio cases almost impressive.

I enjoyed the Iron Man movies, and Ed Norton's Bruce Banner in Hulk, and mostly everything Joss Whedon has done to date, so I have to admit I'll be disappointed if Avengers doesn't deliver.

As much as I despise Captain America, I am  ipad 2 Screen Protectors
actually expecting his movie to be better than Thor's.  I hope it focuses a large part on World War II (unlike Wolverine which breezed through all the wars during the opening credits)

I think Whedon will have a good storyline at the least.. or I HOPE it will.  Whedon always seems to be able to create good stories and characters and I'm holding on to that in hopes he delivers his usual skills.

E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  The Avengers