Please login or register.
The All-New Chicken Channel
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  The All-New Chicken Channel
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The All-New Chicken Channel  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
February 24, 2011, 7:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well as proof that no matter how crappy television has gotten that it can always get worse, Rogers & Swiss Chalet come together with the Chicken Channel.

You know the fireplace channel that is available over the Xmas break touting the holiday tunes 24/7?  Well some brilliant people joined forces and created a channel with two rows of rotisserie chicken cooking all day, every day.  The only good news is that this will only be on air for a 13-week stint.

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/110224_chicken_channel_GD.htm
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Danmick
February 24, 2011, 10:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
As stupid as this idea sounds, I own a rotisserie, and I can see where the idea came from.  When you're cooking a roast or a chicken in the rotisserie, every time you walk by it, you stop and stare for a minute; it's kind of mesmerizing.  You can almost see it getting browner with each rotation, as the juices run over the surface, and you can hear the meat sizzle... I'm sure you get the idea.  I'm sure it loses a dimension without the smell though.

Having said that, I'll just break out the rotisserie instead of watching it on TV.  Still better than some of the TV that's out there though.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 3
Shabadu_SMH
February 25, 2011, 2:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think a big part of that stop-by is the smell that is included... with the smell, I kinda get it (not that I want my house constantly smelling like roasting chicken)... but in that case I get the stop by.. without that, the image is nothing (in my opinion).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 3
Diddly
February 25, 2011, 2:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
This is actually a very cruel joke...  part of the excitement of watching food cook is getting to that moment when it's done and you get to take it out of the oven and eat it.  With this televised temptation, that never happens!
It's literally just a 24hr advertisement for Swiss Chalet.. they better be giving it away free.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  The All-New Chicken Channel