Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Premature Sexualization
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Premature Sexualization
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Premature Sexualization  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
April 25, 2011, 2:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
When it first appeared, I was rather disturbed by the concept of "La Senza Girl".  For anyone not familiar, La Senza is an intimate apparel store.  You want to get your woman some sexy panties, and she's a size 2, you can go there.  But then they did something strange and opened a new chain with "Girl" tacked on the end.

Sexy clothes for pre-pubescent girls?  This bothers me more than even baby beauty pageants (which are disturbing in their own right) since even though I don't have a daughter, I don't know that I'd want to dress her up in a thong and lacy black bra (especially when the child has nothing requiring a bra).

It's not just clothing though.  The whole reason I started this thread was thanks to a comparison photo I've stumbled across, which I've attached below.  Remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  Remember April, their reporter friend?  If you watched the TV show back in the 80's, the picture on the left is what your remember.  If you watch the show today, you'll see the picture on the right.  

It seems to me we're pushing sex on our kids way too early.  Or am I just getting crotchety in my old age?

Attachment: medium_0422april_3708.jpg
Size: 53.21 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Premature Sexualization