Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  PSA from The CDC
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

PSA from The CDC  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Danmick
May 31, 2011, 4:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Thank God someone is finally taking this seriously...

http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
June 1, 2011, 2:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
There are a lot of people who do take this seriously.. some more so than others.  The real question is do you feel it is possible for traditional return-from-the-dead zombies (kinda crazy seeming) or do you believe that some mega-virus could turn people into some sort of rage-infested killing machine (still crazy but at least not impossible seeming)?

There is a book available to buy at most major book stores that outlines all the things to do to survive a zombie invasion/apocalypse (http://www.amazon.ca/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628).  It is actually a good read, filled with (for the most part) practical survival tactics under extraordinary circumstances.  Yes I have read it cover to cover - when I was still working in TO a coworker bought this and lent it to me.

I have always liked zombie stories.. at first I wasn't really that interested in the zombies themselves because they seemed slow and stupid and I felt the people who could not avoid the stumbling masses of back-from-the-dead people idiots that deserved whatever fate their bumbling antics resulted in... I just felt like all you had to do was climb up something or take them out at the knees and walk marginally faster than a slow pace... but then in recent years zombies have morphed into faster, smarter (to an extent) versions of the traditional zombie.. and more importantly, in some and in some cases, they now ever think and act as more of a cohesive group.  Suddenly they are almost more-than-human, faster and more driven to their cause and less focused on eating brains, now they are focused on simply gorging themselves without limits.

One interesting point that was discussed on the radio this week was the fact that human zombies could not possibly be interested in eating brains... the human jaw is no designed to chew through the human skull (let alone most other mammal skulls)  It IS possible to dash the skull open on other things, but (traditional) zombies don't really seem to have the forethought to go to that extreme measure...

I could go on and on talking about zombies and some of the interesting (and probably less interesting) things I've heard and read and thought about myself, but I've bored you enough... just remember, always stick in groups, it's easier to survive the zomb-pocolypse with friends.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Danmick
June 1, 2011, 2:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Especially friends that are slower than you.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  PSA from The CDC