Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Transformers - Dark of the Moon
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Transformers - Dark of the Moon
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Transformers - Dark of the Moon  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
July 1, 2011, 6:23am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
This movie was terrible.  I really don't need to get more in to more details, I knew what to expect going in and the first line in my review sums up what you can expect from the movie.  The only redeeming part that made me go see it in theatre was for the 3d visuals.  But if you don't catch it in 3d in the theatre, let this one pass - even if you can see it for free... (exceptions include: if you are a H-U-G-E Transformers fan, if you are a Michael Bay/Shia LeBoef fan or if you are a child who doesn't need things like solid (or even decent or fair) capacity for story-telling).

Since I like Diddly's "the good, bad and ugly" portion to his reviews, I'll sum up the same way:

The Good: Excellent use of 3d visuals.  Also noteworthy was an improvement in the robot fighting sequences, which were not as close-cropped as seen in earlier Transformers movies.

The Bad: Giant storyline holes, cheesy acting and terrible delivery of horrible lines.  Also the female lead requires constant saving from her man, to the point of being really annoying... in one sequence, she must have been caught and/or saved a dozen times in 5 minutes.

The Ugly: The story felt choppy - the script was brilliant so you KNEW how the characters got from point A to point Z... but it often felt like someone decided to shorten the movie at the last minute by randomly taking out scenes which left the feeling like a couple dots were missing when you were tying one scene into the next.  Also the love story was so ugly that I think the writers for this movie might have actually been TURNED DOWN to write for the Twilight franchise!

I would give this movie one and a half stars out of five, and then only because I felt the 3d visuals were used well throughout the movie.  If it weren't in 3d, I would rate it one quarter star out of five.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Transformers - Dark of the Moon