Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  PSN?  Pass
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

PSN?  Pass  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
July 6, 2011, 7:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Following the trend of game developers to add activation codes to console games, for the purpose of crippling used copies, Sony is launching the PSN Pass.  http://kotaku.com/5818629/sony-confirms-psn-pass-program-required-for-resistance-3s-online-modes  Basically, any game you want to buy and play online, you have to buy new.  Any used copy will require the additional purchase of a PSN Pass to unlock online play.
"This is an important initiative as it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhancing premium online services across our first party game portfolio."
Accelerate your commitment?  Doesn't that mean you're not committed currently, but are heading towards a commitment at some undefined point in the future?

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Danmick
July 6, 2011, 11:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
No, it means the commitment is going to go even faster!  I'd be happier if they gave an actual miles per hour figure, but maybe their commitment hasn't been tested on the track yet.  

Or maybe it's a bunch of doublespeak.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 4
Diddly
September 15, 2011, 3:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The new PSN terms of service include a no-suing clause!  http://kotaku.com/5840517/new-playstation-network-terms-of-service-include-a-no-suing-sony-clause  Give me a break, how is that even legal?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 4
Danmick
September 15, 2011, 4:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
That's like a license to suck!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 4
Diddly
October 14, 2011, 1:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Speaking of sucking, I'm really getting tired of this one-time activation bullpucky.  Developers have now (as I knew they would) extended beyond simply locking multiplayer capabilities behind an activation code.  The new Batman: Arkham City game locks single player content behind the code: http://kotaku.com/5849594/batman-arkham-citys-single+player-catwoman-content-requires-online-pass

This has NOTHING to do with funding multiplayer servers.  It is literally just an attempt to kill the second hand game market.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  PSN?  Pass