Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Killer Elite
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Killer Elite  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
September 9, 2011, 1:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Thought this looked like it would be a good movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lft48yFsHGU

Supposedly it is based on a true story... it is also a remake of a movie from 1975, so maybe that's the "real-life" connection?  Regardless, Jason Stathem usually picks good action movies (where the action is good, not that all his films are good and Clive Owen seems to generally pick pretty good movies, often that are action-packed too.  And throw in Robert Deniro to bring in some humour as well as lend his name to guarantee that this won't be some really terrible movie (I think he seems to be picky enough with this roles to not be in a horrible movie - let me know if you disagree but replying with a (recent) movie he has been in that was terrible?)

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out, but I think I'd like to see the original movie too - it starred James Caan and Robert Duval (as well as Mako - the guy who played the wizard in Conan the Barbarian and Akiro the Wizard in Conan the Destroyer!)... in any case watching Sonny Corleone (Caan) go head to head with Tom Hagen (Duval) would be fun to watch! (Sorry for the benefit of those who didn't watch or like the Godfather movies, these two played the first born son and adopted son and the family's consigliere).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
March 12, 2014, 2:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Saw this movie on the weekend on Netflix.  It was okay.  I couldn't quite get passed the handlebar moustache, and mutton chops on the guy from Prison Break.  I mean, if you want to blend in, his appearance didn't exactly fit the bill.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 4
Danmick
March 13, 2014, 7:59am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I thought it was a pretty solid movie, and I actually thought it was one of Dominic Purcell's best acting jobs.  That could be partly because I didn't realize it was him at first.  Actually, I think the fact that I didn't realize it was him at first was a testament to the quality of his work in the film.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 4
Diddly
March 13, 2014, 11:06am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
We've been watching a lot of Chuck lately, and decided, "Hey, let's get away from these characters and watch a real spy/assassin movie."  Then who do we see as the token female in this movie?  Sarah from Chuck.  

BTW Shabadu, the film is based on a 1991 book called "The Feather Men", and the author is a character in the movie (briefly, and someone else plays him, it's not really him).  The 1975 movie merely has a similar title to this one.  It is unrelated.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 4
Danmick
March 14, 2014, 6:03am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Chuck was a great show
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread