Please login or register.
HOUSE series to ends April 2012
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  HOUSE series to ends April 2012
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

HOUSE series to ends April 2012  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Chiquita
February 10, 2012, 2:56am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
The 8th season of HOUSE will be the last. The series will conclude in April 2012.http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16959698

Attachment: house_5101.jpg
Size: 4.07 KB

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
February 10, 2012, 2:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
That makes me sad!  I've been enjoying the latest season, glad that the whole "House + Cutty" romance is history, but I guess it never fully recovered.  There really isn't anything new to explore.. it's still just the same formula.

Attachment: 8267_7305.jpg
Size: 46.00 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 3
Shabadu_SMH
February 10, 2012, 2:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sad but better than trying to jump another shark... I think despite last season, House is still a good show and it is better to go out now than milk out the same old same old until you've turned all the fans away.

I also heard that a spin-off was under consideration a few years ago, but the opportunity had been passed by and is no longer an option.  This tidbit was a quote I heard on E! (or some such show) from David Shore (the show's creator)... my guess is they asked Jennifer Morrison if she was interested in taking her character Dr. Cameron, possibly bringing along Jesse Spencer (Dr. Chase) since they were in the process of trying to recover their relationship? I wonder if their breakup in real life (they two actors were engaged for real and broke it off) caused the spin off to spin out?

I think another great option would be bringing 13 along with Dr. Cameron... Dr Hadley could have have a wonderful romp with Dr. Cameron, both in their own private practice and practicing privately with one another.  I bet it would have been terrible as a series but I am pretty sure I would have watched it for at least a few episodes!!!

On a side note... without looking it up (which I had to do) - does anyone know Dr Chase's first name?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 3
Diddly
February 10, 2012, 3:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I love the photo caption in the original article linked by Chiquita:
Quoted Text
Hugh Laurie appeared with Stephen Fry in 1980s comedy series Blackadder

Really?  THAT'S how you're going to remind readers who Hugh Laurie is?  As a supporting cast member who appeared alongside Stephen Fry, another supporting character, in only one of four seasons of a long dead show which starred Rowan Atkinson and Tony Robinson?

If they wanted to link Fry and Laurie, how about a show that starred them?  Hmmm...  Fry and Laurie.. Fry and Laurie...  what did they star in together?  Fry and Laurie...  it's right on the tip of my tongue.  Oh yeah!  "A Bit of Fry and Laurie"  A four season sketch comedy series.  I can see why that name might be hard to remember.  There was also "Jeeves and Wooster", another four season comedy starring those two.  Heck, these two even have a wikipedia page dedicated to their joint efforts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry_and_Laurie

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  HOUSE series to ends April 2012