Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
who gets heard..
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  who gets heard..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

who gets heard..  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Chiquita
June 27, 2012, 1:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Interesting graph(s) showing how little voice women have in US media and politics  http://www.4thestate.net/female-voices-in-media-infographic/#.T-sQD3JQTMA
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
June 28, 2012, 12:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Wow.. I guess I wouldn't have thought it was THAT small (please no "that's what she said jokes here
I wonder how much that would change from the US to Canada.  I am pretty sure (or at least hope) that Canadian women are at better represented across the media.  We may have some right wing people who are still lodged in 1950's thinking, but we don't have a huge chunk of our population that are mired in 1650's thinking (back when women were thought of more as property than people).
I would guess that this will be shifting much more over the next decade or two as well because more and more baby boomers will be retiring and more and more women will become represented across "important" work field (doctors, lawyers, and journalists) where they will be called upon more often to speak as experts across numerous topics in the news.  In addition to more women being called on to speak as experts, as the boomers retire, the old school line of thinking (whether 1950's or 1650's) will become less representational as the target audience, and more people will want a broader perspective (broader in the general sense but also greater variety of perspectives).
At least that's what I'm expecting...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  who gets heard..