Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Movie 43
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Movie 43  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Danmick
February 2, 2013, 9:55am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Movie 43 has been blasted by critics.  Here are some exerpts from reviews I've found online:

"With juvenile humour and moronic profanity, Movie 43 might be the saddest, most pathetic film of 2013, and possibly any year."

"After watching Peter Farrelly’s Movie 43, I was immediately overcome with a sudden rush of emotion: not amusement, anger or even mild irritation, but a profound and faintly tragic sense of pity."

"It is crass, infantile, grossout, sometimes funny, mostly not..."

"It provides me with a handy new answer to a question I’m often asked: “What’s the worst film you’ve ever seen?”"

Shabadu and I went to see the movie, and here's my take:

If you're looking for intelligent humour, then you presumably consider yourself to be intelligent.  If you choose to see this movie for that reason after having seen the trailers, you should probably reexamine the evidence that led you to such an optimistic self-image.  If you can appreciate the kind of humour that requires you to turn your brain off and enjoy the ride, or shock comedy, then you'll certainly find some laughs (think Family Guy-type comedy in live action format).

Movie 43 is an incredibly dumb movie, but that's fitting, since it's actually the premise on which the movie is based!!    It involves Dennis Quaid, an actor who hasn't worked in years, trying to sell a movie (a collection of shorts) to a studio exec (Greg Kinnear).  The studio exec immediately recognizes how terrible the movie is, but Quaid presses on, whether the exec is willing to hear him out or not.

In short, while this film will never win any Oscars, it made me laugh, which is the reason I wanted to see it in the first place.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
June 24, 2013, 1:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think the funniest thing about Movie 43 is how the Tampax commercial has gone viral on Facebook under the guise of a real russian tampon commercial.

Worst movie I've ever seen?  Not even close.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Movie 43