Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
CHCI Teacher in the News!
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  CHCI Teacher in the News!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

CHCI Teacher in the News!  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
May 23, 2013, 12:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Anyone remember Mr Sawyer, a French teacher at Cameron Heights??  I don't remember if he was one of my teachers, but I knew him and thought he was a good teacher... I understand the concern of the parents and the actions of the Principal and School Board, but I'd like to think that the reactions were probably stronger than warranted.  But then maybe that's just because I don't want to think another teacher from my high school was a pervert... anyone else remember a number of years ago a math teacher, Mr Jastrebski being charged with sexual misconduct too?!?  Only with Mr Jastrebski, it seemed more beleivable.. to me at least.

In any case, here is the article:

http://www.therecord.com/news/.....ionship-with-student
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
May 23, 2013, 2:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I dunno.  I remember what we were like in High School... and I remember there were many more much much worse kids than us.  If a kid figures out that he's gay it's gonna be very hard to deal with.  Sawers pretended to be rough around the edges but was really very compassionate, and I can easily see him taking on a "big brother" kind of role for such a kid.

Oh noes!  A teacher and a teen are friends!  How unprofessional!  He MUST be a pervert.  They went out for tea?  OMG!

I guess Mr. Spencer must've been screwing Hawkeye, Firbolg, and I in the left ear cuz we treated him to a meal at the Keg.  

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Shabadu_SMH
May 23, 2013, 6:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I wasn't saying I thought Mr Sawyer was actually doing anything bad.. I think he is a good person and agree that he was likely taking on a "big brother" type of role for this kid...
I do understand why the principal and school board took the actions they did - it is better to be cautious considering the fact that there IS inappropriate behaviour out there.  It is unfortunate that his name would get dragged through the mud, especially if he was just trying to be a friend to someone that needed one... but I also question why they would feel it necessary to go outside the guidelines that were put in place to ensure nothing inappropriate was going on.  Calling him to go out for tea was not likely a prelude to anything terrible, but if you knew the kid's parents were uncomfortable with the situation, perhaps try to meet after school or sometime that the parents would be less uncomfortable with.  It is unfortunate that the few cases of real abuse make people suspicious of things like this, but we all live in the same world and need to abide by the rules that keep the more innocent (or naive) people as safe as possible!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  CHCI Teacher in the News!