Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  The Last Night on Mars
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Last Night on Mars  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
July 13, 2014, 3:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Martian Water Zombies thirst for human blood!

I watched this movie, not knowing anything about it except it starred Liev Schreiber.  The story is that after 6 months on Mars, the crew finally discovers some native bacteria.  It's their last day before leaving, and so everyone is getting a little reckless to try and accomplish one last thing.  This bacteria discovery would make any scientist a house-hold name.

Unfortunately, the bacteria is lethal.  One by one it starts infesting the crew, turning them into undead rage zombies who seem to prefer the taste of blood over the massive amount of drinking water the base must have available.  Just a bit confusing since the zombies go crazy for spilled water.

The Good: Straight-forward sci-fi survival movie with flawed characters
The Bad: Seriously, why did nobody try cutting off the head??
The Ugly: "Hey look, people walking on the surface without a helmet!  Let's let them in!"  Stupid stupid stupid

Attachment: 7lastdaysmars08_600_600x450_7ef16fe2cd_1659.jpg
Size: 38.03 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
July 14, 2014, 5:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So I'm curious.. did having Liev Schreiber make this more desirable or less desirable to see?  I must admit to liking a few of his movies but mostly I know him from either low(er) budget sci-fi or horror movies.. which I used to find immensely entertaining because they were so cheesy (as a matter of fact this movie sounds exactly like the kind of movie I used to search for when I lived across the street from Rogers Video and could rent movies every night if I wanted to .  No judgements really, just curious since most people would be "Liev who!?!".
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Diddly
July 15, 2014, 12:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Liev Schreiber has always impressed me as an actor.  I may not have enjoyed every production he was a part of, but his portrayal of a character was never the cause for disappointment.  Yes, I am including Sabertooth.

So yes, Liev makes any show more desirable to see.  Not instantly watchable, but a definite asset.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  The Last Night on Mars