Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Philips SensoTouch 3D
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Philips SensoTouch 3D  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
August 15, 2014, 3:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I don't like electric shavers.  While convenient, my experience was always that they pulled, got hot, and couldn't cut on anything but a flat, dry patch of skin.  Any curves or moisture and forget it.

Since I switched to blades, I never looked back.  But recently I read a review on Gizmodo for the best electric razor.  http://gizmodo.com/5976226/the-best-electric-razor  I wondered if the tech had improved since I was in school.  Certainly the ability to shave wet or dry was new.

They described their top razor, the Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D, as feeling like "removing facial hair with robot kisses."  That's a far cry from what I remember... more like robot meat grinder.  Intrigued I read on, and ultimately decided to pick one up from Walmart.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ph.....lex-3d/6000012376359

I tried it out yesterday, on 4 day growth.  Till now, that's strictly razor blade territory.  The Philips 3D made quick work of it.  Robot kisses indeed!  The little pivoting heads hugged every bump and bend as well as a blade, and even took less time.  Certain spots that always get nicked were no problem with this.  Cleanup was a cinch.  Just pop the little heads open and dump the whiskers.  If it had been a wet shave, with foam, I'd have to additionally run the open heads under hot water.  That's it.

To me, it felt a smoother shave than I was getting with a disposable razor.  Perhaps its because with the Philips you're supposed to shave in a circular motion, while a blade should just go "with the grain".

The SensoTouch 3D is amazingly better than the electric razors I had in the '90s.  The price was a bit steep, but frankly, worth it.  Now when I go away for a few days, I don't have to pack blades and gel.  Shaving just got easier.

The Good: Fast charging.  Wet or Dry shave.  Robot kisses.
The Bad: $200 for an electric shaver.  That's about 500 shaves with disposables.
The Ugly: The "stylish" carrying case looks like a tiny bicycle seat.

Attachment: 18bp6dpmcbt72jpg_5519.jpg
Size: 57.11 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
September 18, 2014, 4:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Update: A single, 1hr charge has lasted for over a month of shaving every few days.  Not bad at all!

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
Danmick
September 18, 2014, 6:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Electric razors have always given me razor bumps/ingrown hairs, just like disposables, so I've been shaving with a single blade razor for years - either the old fashioned safety razors/butterfly razors, or more recently, straight razors.  The problem is that, if I cut myself, shaving over the cut slows the healing process, so I recently bought a relatively cheap Braun Series 5 electric (foil) razor to use temporarily in those situations ($35 on sale).  After a little less than a week, the razor bumps start to reappear, and the shave I get from it isn't much closer or more comfortable than the shave I used to get from the old models.  Maybe the Philips is something to consider
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  Philips SensoTouch 3D