Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Hot Topic Buys ThinkGeek
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Hot Topic Buys ThinkGeek  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
May 26, 2015, 8:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've bought a lot of gizmos and doodads from ThinkGeek in the past.  Like the Flux Capacitor USB car charger, or using my geekpoints to get a free Star Trek Pizza Cutter.  Mmmm Pizza.

Hot Topic liked them so much, they bought the whole company for $122 Million.  Well, the parent company, which does nothing but own ThinkGeek.  Hopefully this leads to more geeky greatness, and not a change of course into exclusively clothing or something.

Source: http://gizmodo.com/hot-topic-buys-thinkgeek-1706978750

Attachment: 1dbd_flux_capacitor_car_charger_9163.gif
Size: 52.22 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
June 3, 2015, 6:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Surprise!  Hot Topic got outbid and ThinkGeek sold to GameStop instead.  Does this mean we'll be seeing more geeky goodness at GameStop (previously Electronic Boutique) stores?

I'm not really a fan of GameStop's practices.  Like marking down their previously played games by $5 from retail, then encouraging the customer to buy insurance on it in case it's faulty.  Even worse, opening new games to take out the disk and file it in some drawer.  So even if you think you're buying new, you can't really be sure.

I don't know how this will translate to ThinkGeek products, but I'm not optimistic.

Source:http://kotaku.com/screw-hot-topic-gamestop-is-the-proud-new-owner-of-thi-1708422473

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Hot Topic Buys ThinkGeek