Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
M Night Shalyman's Latest Movie: Split
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  M Night Shalyman's Latest Movie: Split
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

M Night Shalyman's Latest Movie: Split  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
February 2, 2017, 8:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So like a sucker, I go to see almost every M Night Shalyman movie because when he gets it right, he makes a good movie. The movie Split looked interesting and I think it managed to garner a place in his "good movies" list. This movie delves into dissociative identity disorder and someone who suffers from 23 different personalities. You are quickly plunged in without a lot of context but I think this is the kind of movie that is better the less you know. Not that details would ruin anything but I enjoyed how the movie unfolded. As always, if you dig deep, I'm sure faults can be found, but nothing too obvious jumped out to me (or Renee who also enjoyed it a lot too). As the movie finished off, you are left with a sense that there is more story to be told and that's when M Night manages to tie in to another story he's told before (that in my opinion falls into the "good movies" list too). I'm hoping this leads to new story that connects both movies into a single sequel both!

If you are a fan of (the good) M Night Shalyman movies, this one provides an entertaining story. James McAvoy does a fantastic job of portraying numerous personalities and how they all interact with the world and themselves. Well worth the watch!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
April 26, 2017, 6:23pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The 3rd movie in this series, "Glass" is due out in 2019.  http://io9.gizmodo.com/glass-the-sequel-both-to-split-and-unbreakable-will-b-1794669298

I'm glad the movie Split focused on just a few of the personalities.  23 could get too confusing, especially if certain "individuals" pretended to be others.  I'm also glad that certain tell-tale behaviours would not be masked, so you could always know who was really "in the light", if you were paying enough attention.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    Reviews  ›  M Night Shalyman's Latest Movie: Split