Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Microsoft is Watching
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Microsoft is Watching  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Diddly
April 5, 2017, 4:44pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Ever wonder what Windows 10 is sending back to Microsoft?  Here's the complete list: https://technet.microsoft.com/.....ic-events-and-fields

Basically, every application on your system, when you run it, how long you run it, when it's in the foreground vs background, every device (mouse, printer, USB key) connected, and that's just the BASIC tracking which you can't disable.

Attachment: bigbrotheriswatchingyou94815124855_2745.jpg
Size: 18.55 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Diddly
April 30, 2017, 12:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Ugh.  One of my PCs (an Intel Compute Stick) just upgraded to this new version of Windows 10.  It's called "Windows 10 Creators Edition" for some reason.  Microsoft is slowly rolling it out as they don't support all the hardware yet.

During the install, they have the audacity to say "These updates help protect you in an online world".  Really?  Harvesting all my data and transmitting it over the internet helps protect me?  The default setting was to send MORE information than what's listed in the post above.

I'll probably be deleting windows from this PC though for another reason: this update is unbearably SLOWER than it was before!  On a low-powered device like the Compute Stick, the difference is really noticeable.  For example: I pretty much finished the first paragraph of this post before "Ugh" finished appearing.  It has managed to catch up, but if every time I change windows I have to suffer that kind of delay while Microsoft phones home that I'm switching apps, forget it.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    News  ›  Microsoft is Watching