Print Topic - Archive

Darkshade Forum  /  Diddlycraft Support  /  Hunter bug
Posted by: 7 (Guest), February 24, 2006, 2:58pm
I like the changes you made thursday to the density of beasts. Very nice.

I got my wife Kristin to play yesterday but at some seemingly random time while we were playing she kept getting the message that she was shape shifted and could talk to other people, or use skills. Her character is a hunter and to my knowledge can't shape shift. I tried logging out and back in, exiting, trying a different computer, nothing seemed to work. I have exhausted my knowledge of trouble shooting. The last thing I was going to do was to try running the repair tool again and repatching. But it seems that the character information is stored server side so I'm guessing that wouldn't really help.

I didn't know if there is any easy was for you to "reset" a character or something, if there isn't anything you can do let me know and I will try to talk Kristin into starting over. Thanks.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), February 24, 2006, 4:41pm; Reply: 1
I can't imagine this being related at all to the client.  I don't think Hunters can shape shift either.  This is probably a bug with the server.

I think there may be a command I can try as GM on her character while she's online.  When do you expect she'll be playing next?
Posted by: 7 (Guest), February 24, 2006, 6:45pm; Reply: 2
I think she will have access to a computer for the rest of the daty today but probabbly wasn't going to be playing. We are going to Tim's tonight so she could probabbly use his computer. Let me know when/if you are going to be online and I'll log in as her character.
Posted by: Hawkeye, February 27, 2006, 10:53am; Reply: 3
Has she been able to learn the Tame Beast skill?
Posted by: Hawkeye, February 27, 2006, 12:15pm; Reply: 4
  Also, does she have problems with shooting a bow or gun?  Ie the automatic shoot feature is not working.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), February 27, 2006, 1:49pm; Reply: 5
My Deaddly character got stuck with the "Shapeshifting" bug.  It kept saying I couldn't do anything while I was shapeshifted.  He's a warlock, he doesn't shape shift!

Honestly, I did nothing special to make the problem go away.  I logged in and out a couple times as that char, and the next day when I logged in again it was fine.
Posted by: 28 (Guest), February 27, 2006, 2:25pm; Reply: 6
That happened when you were with me right? Maybe my driud's influence has increased so much that other players characters feel inspired to try shapeshifting. ha ha ha.
Posted by: 7 (Guest), February 27, 2006, 4:45pm; Reply: 7
The tame beast skill can't be researched. It shows up as availiable for 1 copper but when you try and learn it nothing happens.
I'm not sure if she has tried using the gun yet.
The shapeshifing message went away sometime over the weekend for her charcter too. I blame Tim (:
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), February 27, 2006, 6:38pm; Reply: 8
When in doubt, blame Tim.  :)
Posted by: 28 (Guest), February 28, 2006, 7:38am; Reply: 9
I've tried doing that lots of times. Just doesn't work for me as well as it seems to for others. SO I've started blaming tims mom for having tim.
Posted by: Hawkeye, February 28, 2006, 8:27am; Reply: 10
Ouchie :)  Nothing like going right to the source is there?
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 3, 2006, 12:44am; Reply: 11
  I really would like to have the tame beast skill.  That is key to a hunter's character.  Trarman, is there ANY way to get this skill?
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 31, 2006, 1:21pm; Reply: 12
Autofire: works!  With a bow i'm shooting about 3 times/second and causing a lot of damge!

Tame beast: I never got it before and now it is not even an option to train.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 10, 2006, 5:02pm; Reply: 13
I got the tame beast skill, but it doesn't work quite right.  Plus there are no other beast training skills available.  And I have looked for beast trainers.
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, January 29, 2008, 11:05pm; Reply: 14
There seems to be a hunter bug.. my hunter cannot feed his pet, regardless of what pet he tames or what food he tries to feed it.
My character is a dwarf (Redmod) and I've tried taming bears, boars, leopards and wolves.  And yes I tried feeding the pets their appropriate diets ;P
Posted by: Chiquita, March 9, 2008, 12:29pm; Reply: 15
Thanks for trying to fix the bugs on Diddlycraft, sorry to hear that it is caput. Is it still possible to get some screenshots of my characters or is the data totally toast?
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 9, 2008, 6:31pm; Reply: 16
Damn.. I know I threatened to destroy worlds once or twice in the past but never truly beleived I actually would be the demise of one... sorry everyone :(  although since I was pretty much the only one wanting to play at this point, I guess its no bog deal except to me.

So Diddly, what's the next greatest toy you're gonna intro to us to play together online?!!? City of Warcraft?!?  World of Heroes??  There's gotta be something!?!?!

:P
Posted by: Diddly, March 10, 2008, 3:53am; Reply: 17
Sorry Chiquita, it's toast.  I stopped making daily backups back when I switched to the quieter server (it doesn't have a tape drive), so what data there was was unusable by the time I deleted it.

What's next?  I spent some time looking at a different WoW server, called Kobold.  Seemed promising, but a little too much prep work for me at this point.

There is no City of Heroes/Villains server.  NCSoft killed it in its infancy.

However, Lineage 2 seems to be doing well.  But we'd all have to go buy another game to play it.

NWN is still running, and getting several players a day.

I'm thinkin I might spend some time workin on the online multiplayer game Hawkeye and I designed a long time ago.  I've learned some tricks at work that should make it easier to write.
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 12, 2008, 1:12am; Reply: 18
Lineage 2, huh?  I'll have to look in to that game and see if I can buy it used :P
I'd play NWN but I lost my play disc and god knows where it is.. may have left it at danmicks at one point or may have placed it some place else.. could have left it in the CDrom in the machine I left at Diddly's a hundred years ago.. I just don't know :(

Thanks for running Diddlycraft as long as you did, it was great while it lasted!
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 12:33pm