Print Topic - Archive

Darkshade Forum  /  Diddlycraft Discussion  /  Honour?
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), February 27, 2006, 1:47pm
Hey Horimtaur, how did you get on the Honour table of the status page?  What did you do to earn your rank?
Posted by: Hawkeye, February 28, 2006, 9:56am; Reply: 1
It could be that he killed a couple of civilians.  I beleive his honour may be negative... As I recall the postive kills were first then negative second hence, hos 0 - 2 makes me think he went on a civilian killing rampage...:)
Posted by: 7 (Guest), March 1, 2006, 3:55pm; Reply: 2
It appears I am also up there now. If it is a result of killing civilians I'm not sure but it may be a bug. When I went to a human stronghold on the shore I killed a bunch of humans and got the message that I killed a civilian.
Posted by: 28 (Guest), March 2, 2006, 1:18am; Reply: 3
Oh... I never noticed my honor? Where do I look for that. I did get a message the other day DURING A QUEST that said I had killed civilians.

I got the quest in Ogrimmar. They said to go to the human outpost south east of the city and kill 9 sailors, 9 gaurds and thier captian. Well all of the things I had to kill were all "Yellow" meaning they didn't attack me so I attacked them first. Anyways I got a "You killed a civilian  - 29xp" message when I killed the captains gaurds. So I would say that was a bug. :P

Cool.. negative honor. ha ha ha. Sounds like the Tapioca and I were on the same quest.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 7, 2006, 5:53am; Reply: 4
On your charcater screen, when you press c, there are tabs at the bottom, one is honour.  I think I will be the king of negative honour, watch out horde civilians!   ;D
Posted by: 28 (Guest), March 7, 2006, 6:11am; Reply: 5
So honor only goes "down" when you kill a civilian? Or is it just civilians of your own race?

In either case I lost a lot of honor the past couple days for:
- Killing Elite Alliance NPC's in Silverwood Forest (x3)
- Killing a Chicken

So "Chickens are people too" and rabbits are not. I kill them as I run past them. its funny cause they die so fast. How do you get positive honor?
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), March 7, 2006, 6:55am; Reply: 6
Positive honour is gained by defending your towns from your enemies.  So, say for instance, Hawkeye (Alliance) was attacking guards in one of your towns (Horde), you would gain Honour by killing Hawkeye.

Honour (I believe) is also gained through winning duels.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 7, 2006, 7:46am; Reply: 7
Chickens eh?  Well I will avenge my Feathered Alliance comrades and kill horde chickens whenever I see 'em.

As for duels, I thought Duels were done between members of the same side only and therefore no honour is gained by the winner only bragging rights.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), March 7, 2006, 8:38am; Reply: 8
Maybe you're right.  I wasn't entirely sure.  I thought there must be some gain to duels since I kept getting invites from strangers on Blizzard's servers.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 14, 2006, 12:57pm; Reply: 9
  They weren't inviting you to duels Trarman, they were inviting you to circle jerks.
Posted by: 28 (Guest), March 14, 2006, 1:35pm; Reply: 10
MMORPG circle jerks!

LOL

I wouldn't put it past people. I used to play Guild Wars and some deadbeats characters got married in the game and invited fellow players to come to the wedding and all sorts of other things that really show how sheltered the people were... sheesh!
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 15, 2006, 12:34pm; Reply: 11
Hey!  You're level 41 now, how much playin' have you done in the last week!!  There's no way I'm catching you now!  :'(
Posted by: 28 (Guest), March 16, 2006, 5:17am; Reply: 12
I think I'm 43 now. Didn't play at all last night.

I've been exploring like crazy and killing everything I come in contact with. its great. Especially since killing things level 40 and above give awesome XP. I got 7000XP for killing a level 50 monster the other day while I was level 40.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 16, 2006, 9:38am; Reply: 13
7000!!! Holy smuckers!  I gotta kill me some higher level creatures.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 29, 2006, 8:54pm; Reply: 14
I just got dinged with killing a civilian.  This guy attacked me!!!  I wonder, apart from killing opposing characters where can you get honour.  I killed a number of horde guards and nothing!
Posted by: 28 (Guest), March 30, 2006, 2:12pm; Reply: 15
Yah i was wondering the same thing. I had killed a bunch of night elf sentinels and guards and shop keepers. (pretty much the most of a city) one time and didn't get any honor.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), March 30, 2006, 2:24pm; Reply: 16
From the WoW Honor FAQ:
What is an honorable kill?
An honorable kill occurs when a player takes part in the killing of an appropriate player or NPC in the player's level range. The color system for players works the same as it does for monsters. Grey level players will not yield an honorable kill.

Also, only specific NPC's will yield honorable kills. These are special target NPC's that are extremely difficult for players to attack, as they are some of the main leaders of each player faction. Defeating these NPC's will require a large force of players.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 30, 2006, 8:44pm; Reply: 17
I guess I'll have to go 'Mahuchur' hunting then.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), March 30, 2006, 8:50pm; Reply: 18
Mahuchur will appear grey to you, so no honor in killing someone that much lower levelled.  You'll have to hunt Horimtaur instead.  :)
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 31, 2006, 1:31pm; Reply: 19
I know that, I'm still gong Mahuchur hunting.  Horimtaur would kick my a** in the blink of an eye.
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), March 31, 2006, 3:56pm; Reply: 20
Well, it'll be a pleasure to surprise you.  :)
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 31, 2006, 7:36pm; Reply: 21
Let's dance Mutha F'er
Posted by: 28 (Guest), April 3, 2006, 3:57pm; Reply: 22
Horimtaur would be a hard one to hunt. Since he hasn't played in a couple weeks you would have a hard time finding him.  :)

I would suspect he would find you first by sneaking up behind you while prowling and giving you a heafty stealth attack in the back... oh yeah... the backstabber. Thats what my friends call me. ha ha ha.

Yah, havn't played in a while.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 3, 2006, 8:23pm; Reply: 23
You'll find xp hard to come by now.  Certainly, not as high as before.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 4, 2006, 2:04pm; Reply: 24
Just a question on Honour again.  Is there any chance that getting honour could be permanent?  I mean, I have found a place where I can kill and kill and kill and get lots of honour, but to maintain that rank you must continue to kill and kill and kill and if you don't you lose your ranking slowly over time.  I think that is retarded!  If you get honour you should keep it!
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), April 4, 2006, 2:57pm; Reply: 25
Perhaps that's to reflect the "passing glory" over time.  You gain lots of honour among the people, but then over time, your deeds are forgotten and new heroes rise.

Just a guess.  I wasn't expecting it to do that, but I don't think there's anything I can do to change it.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 4, 2006, 5:41pm; Reply: 26
Darn!  I bet there is some pretty cool stuff in the club areas of the game (ie those areas where only seargent or above in rank can enter)
Posted by: 28 (Guest), April 5, 2006, 1:00pm; Reply: 27
There are 'club' areas of the game. What are those?
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 5, 2006, 5:00pm; Reply: 28
They're not actually called club as per say, but I know that in Origimar there is a place on the upper level going toward the long exit (the northern one) that will not allow you in unless your rank is that of seargent or above.  I never got there myself, but only surmize that there are cool items in there.
Posted by: 28 (Guest), April 7, 2006, 1:12pm; Reply: 29
Ohhhhh... I saw that place but never got any info about being a sargeant. I thought it was like a PvP arena or something. Cool.

So there is cool stuff in there like what. Like specialty shops and things like that or something else.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 7, 2006, 2:25pm; Reply: 30
Again I don't know about the specialty shops, but I would think there is, else why have a special area where it takes a great effort before you'll be allowed in.  Or it could be a cruel trick.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 10, 2006, 8:32pm; Reply: 31
I have since read in the manual and there are specialty shops in the Honour areas that offer special items.  
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 13, 2006, 8:00pm; Reply: 32
I guess you have to kill certain horde guards to get any honour.  There is a pocket of horde intruders in ashenvale where I can kill and get honour xp, but for a level 30 undead intruder I only get 7 honour xp. Where as the horde guards at sunrock retreat in stonetalon give 15 honour xp.  The pro is for the other they are easy to kill but to go up the next honour rank I need 2215! Which means I need to kill 317 of them.  The horde guards are a lot tougher and take more time, but at 15 honour xp i only need to kill 148 of them.   It is going to take a long time either way.  All I can say is, the honour areas better be working!
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), April 13, 2006, 8:34pm; Reply: 33
You would probably get more honour killing player intruders.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 16, 2006, 2:46pm; Reply: 34
Most likely.  I remember on the pay server I killed on guy as he was preying on Bloodhoof village.  A lvl 29 elf character killing at most lvl 13 or 14 tauren.  I was lvl 19 at the time and got 29 honour for killing him.  But of course my honour ranking went back to zero the next week because I was not sustaining it.  But in our case, with only what 7 or 8 characters roaming it is going to be awefully hard to get honour from them.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 26, 2006, 1:48pm; Reply: 35
Hey Shabadu!  You've got honour where did you get yours?
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, April 27, 2006, 3:23pm; Reply: 36
I got mine fighting some undead in the Ashenvale area.
They are north of the one little elvin villiage in a pocketed off area.
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 27, 2006, 6:11pm; Reply: 37
Yeah that's where I started to get mine... takes a hell of a long time to get anywhere eh?  To get corporal you need 1000, seargent you need 5000..
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, April 27, 2006, 8:49pm; Reply: 38
Yah I thought maybe 100 would make me corporal.. and it took a long time just to get that... so I gave up with whatever I have now.  I might go back sometime, but for the time being I have a little honour and thats good enough for my paladin.

5,000 for seargent, eh?  Dammit thats the title I actually wanted.. but it is just TOO much... too much at a rate of 5-7 per kill at any rate!
Posted by: Hawkeye, April 28, 2006, 3:20pm; Reply: 39
Problem is, if you don't keep it up you lose it.  I noticed my honour xp went down 100points!!!
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, April 28, 2006, 6:11pm; Reply: 40
great!.. well luckily for me I had very little... I will do it in patches I guess, hit that next lvl before stopping for long indeterminate periods of time.  Or can you also lose ranks over time?  The XP I can sorta understand but the ranks would make not sense to me.
Of course no one ever asked me for my logic when making the game so I don't expect it to conform to said restraints...
Posted by: Hawkeye, May 1, 2006, 6:05pm; Reply: 41
I don't know, but I noticed that if you go to the command centre in stormwind you can get alliance private insignia or corporal insignia.. the corporal one gives immunity to stun and a couple other things...
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, May 5, 2006, 12:18pm; Reply: 42
Really?  Interesting - I'll have to check that out next time I'm online.
Wonder what, if anything you get for being a private.  Well now I actually have a reason to try and reach corporal or the desired sargaent...
Posted by: Hawkeye, August 16, 2006, 4:25pm; Reply: 43
Hey Trarman, as GM can you give honour to players like you did with gold?
Posted by: Trarman (Guest), August 16, 2006, 10:59pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Hawkeye
Hey Trarman, as GM can you give honour to players like you did with gold?

I just checked the list of GM commands.....   nope.  Nothing there to give honor.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 5:41pm