Print Topic - Archive

Darkshade Forum  /  Diddlycraft Support  /  Character Carry-overs from old Diddlycraft
Posted by: Diddly, March 5, 2007, 4:38pm
Here's where we can list the things we want to carry over from the old Diddlycraft server to our characters on the new server.

For me:
Wendis - gear, spells and skills
Mahuchur - level, gear, spells and skills
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 5, 2007, 4:41pm; Reply: 1
For me please transfer the following:

Illyana
Full gear, level and stats please!

Stain
Full gear (and stats if I can have them!) but plunk me back to lvl 1.
Too many rogue missions I could not complete..
Posted by: Diddly, March 5, 2007, 4:53pm; Reply: 2
By stats, do you mean skills, or things like Strength, Intelligence, etc?  I really intend to give only attributes according to the level of the character.  So if you want Stain to have the same attributes, then he should be the same level.

Actually, according to that logic, my Wendis shouldn't get spells that aren't available at his level.  I might just up him to level 40 again anyway.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 6, 2007, 1:30pm; Reply: 3
I guess then I would like the same stats, level equipment for my characters...
Posted by: Diddly, March 6, 2007, 3:11pm; Reply: 4
Please provide the names of the characters you want the stats, gear, etc from and the names of the characters you want them bestowed upon.  When it's the same name in both cases, obviously you don't have to spell it out twice.  :)

Also, you have to create the character before I can augment it.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 7, 2007, 6:20pm; Reply: 5
As I remember, I had a character Darkbringer, lvl 65 elf, another character Shadowknight a lvl 10 undead, and I had a third character I don't remember what his name was a lvl 21 human mage I believe.
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 7, 2007, 10:00pm; Reply: 6
Yah ok I think Illyana and Stain can just be fully restored.
It is just simpler.  I'll run through the early quests that much faster I suppose.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 8, 2007, 9:32pm; Reply: 7
Diddly are you able to restore reputation?
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 10, 2007, 12:12am; Reply: 8
Seems to be a problem when I try to connect to the new server... it says "Connecting" for a time (with a cancel button) but after 15-30 seconds it says "Disconnecting from Server" (with a confirm button).
It shouldn't be a problem on my end, my internet connection is good.
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 10, 2007, 5:45pm; Reply: 9
I immidiately get disconnected from server.
Posted by: Diddly, March 11, 2007, 2:38am; Reply: 10
Shabadu, try again please.  I've opened a different port on the router this time.

Hawkeye, try again too.  If you still get the same, I believe you may have forgotten to delete the WTF and WDB directories and all your AddOns in your WoW install.
Posted by: Shabadu_SMH, March 11, 2007, 5:51am; Reply: 11
Okay trial #1 left me with the same results.
I'll try again and if I get on I'll send a new message saying YEEE HAW!
If I still can't get on, I won't write any new respose, I'll just go to bed and cry myself to sleep.  Again.
:`(
Posted by: Hawkeye, March 11, 2007, 3:18pm; Reply: 12
Still the same.  However, one thing I did notice is that when the login screen comes up it used to say diddlycraft, now it doesn't.
Posted by: Diddly, March 12, 2007, 3:28am; Reply: 13
Okay, since neither of you guys are able to connect, and I can't test with my PC outside of the firewall, I'm pretty much just making wild guesses as to what changes may work.  As such, I've decided to re-investigate the status of the expansion pack server.

Upon setting up a test server, I am able verify that my Mac can connect (which I was unable to do with the current version) so I can test outside the firewall with a dial up connection. Also, this means we'll be able to play the two new races, new classes, extra continent, and flying mounts.  There are some screenshots available here: http://ecritters.biz/bcscreenshots/

However, this means you'll have to wait till I can loan you the expansion to install before you can play.  Also, the expansion areas aren't 100% complete, but I'm sure we can live with that for now.  :)
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 12:40pm