Print Topic - Archive

Darkshade Forum  /  Diddlycraft Support  /  Major update underway
Posted by: Diddly, June 26, 2007, 1:23am
Please be patient if you're trying to play right now.
Posted by: Diddly, June 26, 2007, 3:49am; Reply: 1
Well, it didn't work as planned.  I tried using someone else's build, complete with a whole whack o' patches and goodies.  Unfortunately the darned thing (once I got it working) would just cause a Segmentation Fault immediately after it finishes loading.

So, we did get some stuff updated successfully though.  We're running a new database, so there'll likely be many NPC changes.  We're running the latest "ScriptDev" which is supposed to provide more intelligent AI for special characters (like Bosses and unique quests, etc).

The monsters will still run through walls, however, and Rogue powers are still broken.  One other thing, if you have any pets, they'll be regenerated with new names next time you summon them.  If they had special abilities (like Grimoir's that you had bought) you'll have to relearn those.  Send mail to Diddly or Deaddly in the game with your request for cash to repurchase those Grimoirs.

Oh, one other thing... I turned off level restrictions for portals/gateways/etc.  So if you know how to get to the Outerland, you can go.  But be warned, there's usually a reason they have level limits.  :D
Posted by: Chiquita, June 26, 2007, 4:01pm; Reply: 2
HOLY CRAP MASSACRE!!!! All my cute pets are gone!!! My ugly purple Lynewina succubs is gone. Now an even uglier black succubus named Vilvina (who cannot do crap) has taken her place...man I thought the original one was ugly. The sad demise of my adorable red felsteed and too blue depressed to do anything voidwalker.

Wish I had not left myself in an area slightly higher than I should be playing...not so good when you don't have your right hand "pet". Died was too many times trying to get out. Did over 3 gold in damage getting out. I guess I'd better leave myself in inns from now on.

Noticed that the game is doing a weird "black out" about every 1/2 hr.The action continues but the screen goes black.
Posted by: Diddly, June 26, 2007, 5:20pm; Reply: 3
The blackout is my monitor, not the game.  I was getting it last night while surfing the web.  I don't know what is causing it.
Posted by: Chiquita, June 26, 2007, 6:57pm; Reply: 4
:( no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i luv that monitor...
that totally bites
Posted by: Chiquita, June 26, 2007, 8:19pm; Reply: 5
uhmmm, I kinda ran the wrong direction to get away from a nasty in the outlands while I was dead (I know pretty stupid), fell down a huge cliff face and now I'm stuck suspended (dead) in the air looking at a black swirling abyss between Expedition Armoury and Honour Hold. Can Deaddly put me back in Thallmar or Mag'hor Post?
Print page generated: May 21, 2024, 1:49pm