News: Link to old message forum

Author Topic: Zellers Coming Back!  (Read 4439 times)

diddly

• Fight apathy... or don't
    • View Profile
Zellers Coming Back!
« on: January 18, 2023, 09:59:21 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • In this day of high inflation and mass layoffs, it will be refreshing to have another discount department store other than just Walmart.  HBC, who owns the Zellers brand, has announced they're opening new stores, including one in Cambridge!  After Target lost $5.4 Billion trying to replace Zellers in Canada, I really hope the original is able to come back strong.  I actually liked their little in-store restaurant, and it was always the first store I'd visit for new every-day-wear clothes.  The price was right.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 10:02:31 AM by diddly »

diddly

• Fight apathy... or don't
      • View Profile
    Re: Zellers Coming Back!
    « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 09:40:03 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Zellers Diner on wheels!  They're adding a Food Truck that will appear at different locations to serve up some classic fare.  The schedule thus far is:
    March 23: Scarborough Town Centre in Scarborough, Rideau Centre in Ottawa, Sunridge Mall in Calgary and the Kingsway Garden Mall in Edmonton.
    March 24: St. Laurent in Ottawa and White Oaks Mall in London
    March 25: Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga, Cataraqui Town Centre⁣ in Kingston, Cambridge Centre in Cambridge and the Medicine Hat Shopping Mall in Medicine Hat.
    March 26: Burlington Mall in Burlington and Pen Centre Shopping Plaza in St. Catharines.